Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 4:01:27 PM EDT
I posted this over in the FN section, but considering that the FS2000 is a bullpup that frequently gets compared to the AUG style rifles, I thought I'd post a link here as well.

FN FS2000 Review and Buyers Guide

If cross posting amongst the forums is not allowed, just delete this

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice post, the only disagreement I have is I think the standard model looks better than the tactical model

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:34:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.

Anyone (or company) think of a "fix" for the charging handle?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Very nice.

Anyone (or company) think of a "fix" for the charging handle?

none yet..

i forget, which part breaks the most?  the front tooth your finger grabs on to, or the two teeth that lock into the reciever?

mine hasn't broken in a long time
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:21:03 PM EDT
[#4]
The pivot pin area is where the snap usually occurs.

Mine hasnt broken, but it sounds like the gun can be used even with a broken handle, it just might gouge up your hand since youre no longer grabbing onto an ergonomic piece of polymer, but a jagged broken edge instead.

Either way, the customer service guy (Bob) at FN said that it hasnt become a big enough problem to warrant a fix, and is mostly user-abuse related anyway. He said that of the thousands of rifles that they produce each year, they get 4 or 5 reports of handle breakages.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i gotta say, from someone who has been reading nothing by LSAT prompts of the last three months, your thread is one of most well written and organized ever authored on this site....

if you don't mind me asking where did you graduate from / get into graduate school in? what are you studying if you don't mind me asking...personally my msar was an early lsat completion gift to myself so i can relate. (btw the big test is on Monday so wish me luck)
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 8:44:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i gotta say, from someone who has been reading nothing by LSAT prompts of the last three months, your thread is one of most well written and organized ever authored on this site....

if you don't mind me asking where did you graduate from / get into graduate school in? what are you studying if you don't mind me asking...personally my msar was an early lsat completion gift to myself so i can relate. (btw the big test in on Monday so wish me luck)

Thanks bud. I graduated from Baylor University in Waco TX and am currently getting my doctorate in Physical Therapy.

I actually took the LSAT on a bet from a friend who thought he could beat me on it (catch was I couldnt study at all) I got a 157 on the test, which from what I gather is a plane jane score, but I dont know for sure. Its a tough test, very "logical" for sure. Good luck to ya, and thanks for the compliments on the review.

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:37:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I shot one once.  Cheekweld using the flip up irons was horrendous, far too low.  I was shoving my face into the stock just to get a sight picture.  I think it's really meant to be used with an optic.
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 11:38:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I shot one once.  Cheekweld using the flip up irons was horrendous, far too low.  I was shoving my face into the stock just to get a sight picture.  I think it's really meant to be used with an optic.

Definately

The best fix for this is either to, just like you said, use an optic, or switch the irons over to Magpul BUIS, Troys, or something else that will raise the sightline and improve cheekweld

MBUIS are going to be my next addition to this gun

Link Posted: 6/3/2010 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definately

The best fix for this is either to, just like you said, use an optic, or switch the irons over to Magpul BUIS, Troys, or something else that will raise the sightline and improve cheekweld

MBUIS are going to be my next addition to this gun

pretty much.. the sights on the fs2000 are garbage.. but hey, they are free and easily replaced
Link Posted: 6/3/2010 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Unfortunately I was not impressed.  I know ergo's are an individual thing, but it felt too much like I was shooting a large mouth bass.  

Not for me.  

Doc
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 7:12:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Unfortunately I was not impressed.  I know ergo's are an individual thing, but it felt too much like I was shooting a large mouth bass.  

Not for me.  

Doc

When you shoot a large mouth bass...

does that fall under "hunting" or "fishing"

FINTING!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I was all set to buy one a few years back.  Had the cash in hand, went to the shop, asked the clerk to let me handle it.  Uh...not only no, but HELL NO!!  Left empty handed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not for me.  

Doc

I've never fired a large mouth bass...I hear they recoil a little more than a small mouth bass.

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not for me.  

Doc

I've never fired a large mouth bass...I hear they recoil a little more than a small mouth bass.

They run cleaner than a catfish, however.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#15]

THanks for the laugh guys!!!

Not to disparage the rifle.  I am glad the OP really like his gun.  Just wasn't for me.

Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top