Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 8:29:53 PM EDT
What effects of the AWB sunset will be see on guns like, FALS, HK91 Clones etc?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
They will come with evil features?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I havent heard much about a rush for evil feature FALs really.

Im looking to pick me up a .7.62 semiauto, and Im still deciding on which to go with.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#3]
The impact on foriegn designs won't be as great as on AR style rifles because the 89 import ban will still be in place.  But companies like DSA that make FALs should be able to put on all the fun bits.

I havn't heard or seen much about bayonet lugs on other rifles, but if you get the domestic parts count high enough on your AK or FAL then a flash hider is only a local gunsmith away.

Ace already makes adapters for the AK and some other rifles that allow a folding stock.  They also make adapters for AR stocks so you could put a CAR style collapsible on an AK for example.

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
you could put a CAR style collapsible on an AK for example.

how gauche
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What effects of the AWB sunset will be see on guns like, FALS, HK91 Clones etc?

There is an Imbel Lower Receiver out there for the FAL that has a side folding stock on it. I'm tempted but that $399 price tag keeps scaring me off.

All sorts of collapsible and folding stocks for the HK types, and AKs.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 8:53:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Also don't forget that the crime bill prevents addition of silencers to all post-bans...  well you know the drill (semiauto with DM and 2-or more evil features and silencer would be 1)...

I know I would like a .30 cal silencer to share with the AR10, 300 whisper, and FAL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top