Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 8:45:54 AM EDT
Is it true AUGs are going to be sold in the US for the first time since 1998?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Not with Obama in office.  If you want one, you had better pony up the big bucks for a pre-ban, or by a MSAR clone now!
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Yea they are supposed to but like ezielinski said not with Obama.

I still want an ACR (Masada) but it probably won't happen for the same reasons.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:11:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, expect a late February release date of the Steyr AUG A3. There are plenty of pictures of it over at the bullpup forum here.

Short of a mass shooting incident an Assault Weapons Ban in unlikely to pass through both houses and be signed into law before it is released. There are two companies currently doing pre-order lists www.ratworxusa.com and www.pjsinvestments.com are both doing pre-orders.

You can also visit the www.steyarms.com website where they have a map and list of Steyr Stocking Dealers that you can contact to insure that you obtain one.

Link Posted: 1/25/2009 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
It's not going to be another Masada/ACR. Steyr already has Military contracts
I'll post pics when I get mine, Obama wont get his hands on it!
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 8:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
How much are they asking?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
$2,300  

Come over to the Bullpup forum, there's tons of info on it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's not going to be another Masada/ACR. Steyr already has Military contracts
I'll post pics when I get mine, Obama wont get his hands on it!

Haha..that was funny.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 4:04:40 PM EDT
[#8]
The first shipment from my understanding is 3 AUGs per dealer folks. So if you've got to be the first kid on your block you better hurry up and line one up with a Steyr Stocking Dealer.

$2,300 MSRP or you can get one off Gun Broker from someone who did get in line early at the scalper price of $3K...ouch.

Shipments will be coming out pretty steady though. It is my understanding that Steyr imported literally a boat load of parts into the country to avoid the Feds from holding them up in the future.

Been 19 Years, 4 months and counting since the Steyr AUG was banned for not being deemed "sporting" by the ATF. She's back though and ready to make liberals piss their pants when they see it.  You'll defintely get a Fudd asking you "what do you need that for?" when you pull it out at the range, but only after he asks "what is that?"

Plus it's sort of a double "F-U" to the gun banners since you get a short OAL rifle that still has a 16" barrel and requires no SBR and as a consequence no $200 of your hard earned money to the Feds. Trust me you're going to want that $200 for ammo, because it is just a hoot to shoot.

Ideal home defense firearm as well. No questionable calibers and yet more than short enough to work it's way through any tight quarters. Great for law enforcement in that regard as well when you've got to hit a shoe box sized meth lab inside a trailer.

Plus it has the most combat proven and simple Quick Change Toolless barrel of any 5.56 rifle out there. Nice little option when you're at the range you suddenly change your mind and feel like you need to go from the 16" to the 20" also handy in switching out a dirty one for a clean one with no fuss (ie less than 1 MOA change).

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Silent,

Are you warming up to the USAUG?  Sure sounds like you are warming up to it.  I could swear that I'm sensing a little USAUG love.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 6:33:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought AUGs were imported until 1998?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Silent,

Are you warming up to the USAUG?  Sure sounds like you are warming up to it.  I could swear that I'm sensing a little USAUG love.  

http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/AUGA3INFO.html

The receiver is so gorgeous I swear you can hear Angels singing when you look at the pictures. My hat is defintely off to Sabre and I think it's clear they defintely brought out their "A" Game on this receiver.

The 1989 Import Ban of "Non-Sporting" rifles burned me good and still makes me pissed. This rifle being available to the law abiding citizen again is like a triumph of the will.

AWB sunset in 2004.

Steyr Changed Ownership late 2006.

New Steyr owners started moving on this AUG project as soon as they changed out the name plates on the doors in Austria. Expanded their American presence and have been working hard to bring us this rifle despite all the customs headaches and ATF red tape to import the parts made in Austria and the complexity that always comes from making a partnership with a foreign company.  HK isn't out yet with their 416, IWI backed out of the Tavor deal with Barrett, Steyr though pushed through and got the job done. God Bless Them.

I hope all the foreign companies out there take a good look at Sabre and Steyr they have shown that it can be done and be done in a profitable manner.

Let's just hope Obama and his friends in the Congress don't come along and take a giant dump on Steyr once again.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top