Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2018 8:13:21 AM EDT
Any recent word on when Steyr is releasing the upgrade?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Lazyengineer got a rep at Geissele to spill the beans over the phone. Apparently Steyr's talking about it too. You could always try calling either to find out more.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw that as well, I was just hoping someone had heard something from Steyr. I'd bet on Geissele not releasing anything till shot as they still have some new stuff yet to be released.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 8:33:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I’d totally get one.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 3:20:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Either way, Geissele or Steyr, I'm just hoping for compatibility with the NATO stock.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 12:09:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I heard Geissele had been looking into designing one... but are they somehow partnering directly with steyr now??
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 6:44:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't think so. I'd bet on Steyr working with Corvus Defensio, they're importing for them now, and Geiselle doing their own thing.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 1:03:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't think so. I'd bet on Steyr working with Corvus Defensio, they're importing for them now, and Geiselle doing their own thing.
View Quote
If that's the case, then why is Steyr USA importing and selling one specific part for use in building these new hammerpacks? Corvus is in Europe, if it were corvus as you believe, then it wouldn't make sense for a part to be imported into the USA, to then be exported to Europe, to ultimately be imported back into the USA as a complete unit for sale.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:24:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Well it sounds like you know more about this than I do, it was just deductive reasoning that I though Corvus would be providing them as they've been working on a pack for a while and no mention of this was ever made until Steyr USA partnered with them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Either way, Geissele or Steyr, I'm just hoping for compatibility with the NATO stock.
View Quote
Yea they will have some for the NATO stocks!
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Bump
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I heard Geissele had been looking into designing one... but are they somehow partnering directly with steyr now??
View Quote
Yes Geissele is working with Steyr and there will be a hammer pack for the NATO stock AUG also.

Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes Geissele is working with Steyr and there will be a hammer pack for the NATO stock AUG also.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn glad I bumped this thread, that's the best news I've heard AUG related in quite a while. .
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Hi
I produce kits to improve trigger aug. the kit consists of two parts. easily changes. after the change, the descent force is 2.5kg (you can do less, but it's so much safer). the course of the descent is 2.5mm. there is no failure of the trigger after the shot.
I will be happy to answer your questions :)

" />

https://www.facebook.com/aughandguard/
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 7:49:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's fantastic! Thank you for the update.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 3:26:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Bumping thread for updates on Geissele’s AUG trigger pack.  Shot Show ‘19 perhaps?

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 2:35:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:41:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like Geissele won't be releasing one, just watched the live stream of all their new products where nothing AUG related was mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks like Geissele won't be releasing one, just watched the live stream of all their new products where nothing AUG related was mentioned.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Any news from Shot?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:40:26 AM EDT
[#21]
It will be interesting to see if this is just more or less a copy of the RatWorx pack.  Those RatWorx trigger packs give a AUG a really nice trigger pull.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:28:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who knows.  I talked directly with one of their reps 6 months ago who said they are definitely coming out, and that he personally has been running an AUG heavy proving out the trigger.   And here we are, 6 months later, and still nothing.  So.... who knows.

Frankly, AUG is just an odd trigger pack, and it has an odd linkage connection system to the actual trigger - so I'm not sure if this is the world's easiest project.  The BEST trigger I've run in an AUG so far personally, was a 2020 sear, with an experimental replacement spring from ... I guess it was 2020, I can't recall, designed to work with it.  THAT was a nice trigger.  Problem is, my version at least also didn't reliably reset, and I had to occasionally manually reset the trigger myself by pulling it forward sometimes.  The project never went anywhere, so I guess it wasn't ever considered sales ready in the end.

I still have that spring, but eventually took it out, as I needed the trigger to work every time.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 11:38:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Hi
I produce kits to improve trigger aug. the kit consists of two parts. easily changes. after the change, the descent force is 2.5kg (you can do less, but it's so much safer). the course of the descent is 2.5mm. there is no failure of the trigger after the shot.
I will be happy to answer your questions :)

https://thumb.ibb.co/dGiVUK/20181001_182250.jpg https://thumb.ibb.co/gu8die/37831277_840819186123806_1474673847100768256_o.jpg" target="_blank">https://thumb.ibb.co/dGiVUK/20181001_182250.jpg https://thumb.ibb.co/gu8die/37831277_840819186123806_1474673847100768256_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/aughandguard/
View Quote
Have they passed the drop tests?  1.5m drop onto concrete on the muzzle, butt, left, right, top, bottom, cocked, selector on fire.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 12:28:13 AM EDT
[#24]
We can't buy them legally anyway can we?

(I don't think we can, correct me if I'm wrong.)
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Who knows.  I talked directly with one of their reps 6 months ago who said they are definitely coming out, and that he personally has been running an AUG heavy proving out the trigger.   And here we are, 6 months later, and still nothing.  So.... who knows.

Frankly, AUG is just an odd trigger pack, and it has an odd linkage connection system to the actual trigger - so I'm not sure if this is the world's easiest project.  The BEST trigger I've run in an AUG so far personally, was a 2020 sear, with an experimental replacement spring from ... I guess it was 2020, I can't recall, designed to work with it.  THAT was a nice trigger.  Problem is, my version at least also didn't reliably reset, and I had to occasionally manually reset the trigger myself by pulling it forward sometimes.  The project never went anywhere, so I guess it wasn't ever considered sales ready in the end.

I still have that spring, but eventually took it out, as I needed the trigger to work every time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still running that spring but without the sear and have 100% reliability through several hundred rounds. I also put a little 100% synthetic grease on the engagement surfaces which helped quite a bit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Bump, anything new? It seems like this is moving at glacial speed.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:12:39 PM EDT
[#28]
What is the state of AUG triggers now? I've been wanting to purchase an AUG for years... but have always held off in favor of just shooting my Tavor more as it has a terrific Geissele trigger pack/bow. Getting the itch again but not sure what options are currently available. What kind of trigger pull weight/creep/travel can I expect?
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 5:10:16 PM EDT
[#29]
With a 2020 sear my trigger feels similar to a decent stock AR trigger.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:16:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Apparently, and this is all conjecture, a certain well-known and popular company had the hammerpack designed and tested to completion, but then it might have failed a drop test at the firearn manufacturer. It could be that a particular height compared to a standard height would fail the test. And that's why we haven't seen what everyone is looking for yet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#31]
If that's the case it's not the only drop issue they're having now which is really unfortunate. Hopefully it's resolvable.
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 12:18:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If that's the case it's not the only drop issue they're having now which is really unfortunate. Hopefully it's resolvable.
View Quote
Link?
Link Posted: 3/15/2019 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't want to derail a tech thread, the original thread was trashed in the G forum but still being discussed by Larue.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Roger Sun is the man when it comes to Aug trigger packs. He and Ratworks need to get back to making and selling them .
Link Posted: 3/23/2019 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#35]
I have the NEU trigger, it’s a great improvement.

The 20/20 sear feels even better.....can’t wait to shoot it next weekend
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top