Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/24/2018 11:00:42 AM EDT
Bought this recently, and I was wondering if anyone can tell who it was made by? I was told Swarovski, but didn't Meopta make the later production sights? It's to fit the A2 receiver and has the 'circle crosshair crosshair' reticle.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 5/24/2018 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I imagine @maleante will be along soon with a definitive answer, but that looks like the USR/A2 optic to me and in that timeframe I was only aware of Swarovski as a supplier.  Meopta to my knowledge came onboard with the M3 A1 scopes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
That there is the best designed optic housing in AUG history. Sharp buis (not like on the a1), well protected knobs, and without a bunch of silly rails.  This is what Steyr should be offering as an option for current models in either 1.5x or 3x
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That there is the best designed optic housing in AUG history. Sharp buis (not like on the a1), well protected knobs, and without a bunch of silly rails.  This is what Steyr should be offering as an option for current models in either 1.5x or 3x
View Quote
Hear hear!  3X for these old eyes, but if they sold both I'd probably buy at least one of each...
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#4]
That is an A2/USR type optic housing. Don't know who makes the optic housing. Like everyone else, I really like that style. Coincidentally the M1/STG77 "skinny" optic housing is nearly identical except for the housing to receiver interface.

The scope tube is high quality, but I don't remember if Swarovski made them or not. @pjssteyraug
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 5/25/2018 12:54:58 AM EDT
[#6]
How does the optical quality of the A2/USR scope compare to that of the M1/STG77?
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#7]
These are still sold in Europe and included with one AUG package, which I assume is an original factory configuration. You can order them here and a few other German or Austrian dealers - they're expensive.

It was also possible to order them through an official Steyr importer.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is an A2/USR type optic housing. Don't know who makes the optic housing. Like everyone else, I really like that style. Coincidentally the M1/STG77 "skinny" optic housing is nearly identical except for the housing to receiver interface.

The scope tube is high quality, but I don't remember if Swarovski made them or not. @pjssteyraug
View Quote
I found your write up on the various AUG sights, over on Bullpup Forum. Very useful, especially the improvised adjustment tool. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Made by Swarovski.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Swarovski "Cobra" variant IIRC

Just a circle ...I loved it...in the day.

Now if they had a way to light it up like an ACOG fiber optic with a Tritium dot it would still be great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top