Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2011 8:48:05 AM EDT
Looks like ATI is importing MKE 93 guns into this country, any thoughts?

Might be a good alternative to a century build.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it won't take a sear.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 9:17:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

well for those of us who do not want to drop 20 grand on a giggle switch it really doesnt matter.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:00:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Do want.

Any word on price?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do want.

Any word on price?

$1395 as per the HKParts website. I have one of the MKE 94K's in 9mm and it is extremely well made.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of the MKE 9mm mp5 clones and I'm very happy with it. If they did the same thing to make these importable, they welded the stock and grip assembly together, and welded in a couple of small metal bars to prevent using full capacity magazines. These things can be fixed, but if you do them, you have to add parts to make sure you stay 922r compliant. I addition, they do weld in a block to prevent using a full auto bolt carrier. That being said, the quality of the weapons is very good and they work right out of the box. Price is around $1200 to $1300.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting, does the butt stock metal have a second pin in the top?
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I was pretty excited about these when I first got wind. I wasn't too impressed when I saw them in person at Shot. Charging handles looked really crude. The also had them on such a short tether, couldn't really pick them up and examine them at length. Maybe the production versions are more refined.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#8]
What is with that upper stock pin?
Kinda like an MP5K, except that it would interfere with the recoil rod??
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 3:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
With all the C93 by Century selling around $500, I doubt the MKE will make much waves with its pricing. Even with Bobcat making HK94 clones, MKE still has trouble selling their 9mm clones.
Link Posted: 1/28/2011 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
With all the C93 by Century selling around $500, I doubt the MKE will make much waves with its pricing. Even with Bobcat making HK94 clones, MKE still has trouble selling their 9mm clones.

Bobcat Weapons has not been in business for years. I'm pretty sure Cohaire is now the name. MKE had no issue selling their 9mm guns. That is just bad information to pass.  All of the pistol models sold and people are waiting for new shipments to arrive. 100 did arrive in country last week. There is a thread on here about it. The carbines where a little different because of the ability to only take 10 round mags, welded rails in the magwell and welded lower and buttstock. They are however quite popular in areas that are limited to 10rd mags.

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#11]
This is what I'm talking about. Look at the last pic. Charging handle isn't radiused at all. Hole drilled through the upper stock/receiver interface. Scratched up cocking tube. Brand new gun for $1K+????

Vector guns look better built.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=213379344

Link Posted: 1/29/2011 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

well for those of us who do not want to drop 20 grand on a giggle switch it really doesnt matter.

You ask for thoughts and then you make an inaccurate smart ass remark. A sear costs 11-12k. And next time, if you don't actually want certain responses, you should state that in the OP.

But since I'm still operating on the basis that you originally did, I'd suggest getting a Vector instead. It takes hi-cap mags from the start and no need to change expensive parts to make it 922r compliant. And that would be a big deal for someone like you, who has to spend almost double for HK parts, apparently.

Now calm down. I'm just yanking your chain. The MKE is a nice rifle, but I'd still feel more comfortable with the unmodified Vector. Good luck with whatever you get.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You ask for thoughts and then you make an inaccurate smart ass remark. A sear costs 11-12k. And next time, if you don't actually want certain responses, you should state that in the OP.

But since I'm still operating on the basis that you originally did, I'd suggest getting a Vector instead. It takes hi-cap mags from the start and no need to change expensive parts to make it 922r compliant. And that would be a big deal for someone like you, who has to spend almost double for HK parts, apparently.

Now calm down. I'm just yanking your chain. The MKE is a nice rifle, but I'd still feel more comfortable with the unmodified Vector. Good luck with whatever you get.

Hey I wasn't trying to bite your head off, was just that the ability to take a sear only matters to a very small minority with the ever escalating prices of sears.

If I could inspect a vector or MKE in person, then I might buy one. However with all HK clones I do not buy unless I can see them first. Vector does relatively good work, as I just picked up a V-53 today.

as far as the gun itself, I am always concerned about the price/availability of mags. They are importing plastic turkish mags that have those annoying lugs on the side so you can clip them together....but I do not think I will risk buying those.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 11:36:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is with that upper stock pin?Kinda like an MP5K, except that it would interfere with the recoil rod??

+1 what is that?
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#15]
I like the look of the MKE.  I like the slim forearm (which is hard to find for HK93s), the ability to take high cap mags, paddle mag and a HK21/23 style charging handle.

Having the ability to run a sear would be nice, but I bought a C93 for a sear host that would only fire one round.....so I will take a MKE over a C93 any day.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:10:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Selling out batch of 100 does nothing to show if the market is there or not. If anything, it's an indication that the gun is not selling well. MKE likely has sufficient capacity to crank out as many of these as the US market could bear, and the fact that these are only coming in very low quantity means that they are not moving well. This is just an artificial way to keep the prices up by keeping the supply low, but that does nothing to stimulate the demand.

Just look at the c93, once Century flooded the market, the price went from introductory $799 down to $499...and only recently did it gain some stability after the c93 supply has dwindled.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 5:29:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Selling out batch of 100 does nothing to show if the market is there or not. If anything, it's an indication that the gun is not selling well. MKE likely has sufficient capacity to crank out as many of these as the US market could bear, and the fact that these are only coming in very low quantity means that they are not moving well. This is just an artificial way to keep the prices up by keeping the supply low, but that does nothing to stimulate the demand.

Just look at the c93, once Century flooded the market, the price went from introductory $799 down to $499...and only recently did it gain some stability after the c93 supply has dwindled.

Reading is fundemental. I said a new batch of 100 came in, not that they sold 100. They had no problem moving the ones that shipped here 18 months ago. The problem is our import laws. There are plenty of dealers with the guns on their sites waiting for backlogged guns to arrive. No matter what way you want to see it, these guns are better than any American made clone with the exception of the custom guns from big name builders. They are also a great alternative to persons who want a gun that runs out of the box and do not have a need, desire, or means for a sear. Yes, you will have to spend about $200 to make it 922r compliant, but you may have to spend much more for HK parts to get the out of spec US made gun to run. Some of them run and some don't. All this is in reference to the 9mm guns.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:44:23 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It has nothing to do with sales, and everything to do with dealing with three impossible entities:

1. The Turkish government

2. U.S. Customs

3. The ATF

The weird thing is that the ATF ended up being the most reasonable of the above three entities to deal with for ATI.

Small companies like ATI, even with specialties in playing the import game have great difficulty in bringing in items such as this.  Bring in complications such as tied-up capital and the fact that the guns really do come into the country "unfinished" for our uses it presents a very tough prospect.  It is a wonder that they can do it at a profit at all.   If they could bring in the 94 without the stupid mag limit, they would sell every one they could get their hands on.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#19]
HKS (Gordon) had these guys for $999 a short while ago. At the current prices I'd go Vector. JM 2cents.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 1:19:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Did some checking on these. The buttstock is connected to the trigger group, not sure how that works or if regular parts can be swapped out. I doubt that by the fact that it has a pin in a weird place. I think takes hi-caps ( not sure) but just by inserting a German mag into the gun makes it non-compliant.  I would wait and see if they import a 16" pistol version, it would be easier to make a 922 compliant rifle that way. Gordon Miller told me he couldn't move the guns he had so he cleared them out at a discount.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#21]
It is a very desirable blow back weapon built off of Heckler & Koch licensed machining and patents.  While it has some drawbacks it does pretty much run right of the box.

Some have complained about the modifications required to make it compliant when switching out to large cap magazines but for the H&K clone crowd it's nothing new.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Just to correct you, all MKE guns are roller locked, not blow back.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:46:24 PM EDT
[#23]
stand corrected.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:39:16 PM EDT
[#24]
The stock and lower are welded together, so no changing the stock without shelling out a fair amount of $.
The magwell is blocked to only use 10 round mags.
And they can't accept a sear or even a full auto bolt carrier.
I pass on the MKE at $1400, you can find a genuine HK93 for $2k or less if you are patient. I bought a sweet HK93 off this board last year for $2k, came with 20+mags and both A2 and A3 stocks.
maybe (and I mean maybe) if it was $800 or so, but not at at the price it is now and being heavily neutered.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:56:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The stock and lower are welded together, so no changing the stock without shelling out a fair amount of $.
The magwell is blocked to only use 10 round mags.
And they can't accept a sear or even a full auto bolt carrier.
I pass on the MKE at $1400, you can find a genuine HK93 for $2k or less if you are patient. I bought a sweet HK93 off this board last year for $2k, came with 20+mags and both A2 and A3 stocks.
maybe (and I mean maybe) if it was $800 or so, but not at at the price it is now and being heavily neutered.

Same here. I picked up a beautiful HK93A3 on HKPro for $1950 over Christmas. What's really attractive is that you can get a V93 for about $1200...or less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top