Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2005 1:45:04 PM EDT
I talked to a guy at work since he's into reloading. He said he knows several people at DSC where they hold C&Rs. One of them had a visit by ATF (he has had a C&R for 8 years) for the first time, doing an audit. The ATF agent said the books weren't done correctly and showed him how to fill it out right.

Does this sound standard? The C&R holder has bought lots of C&R firearms over the years though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 1:57:40 PM EDT
yes it happens. ive had mine for 2 years now, picked up over 20 pieces and plan to let it expire. ill be doing a big "wave" of buying right before she expires. i really havn't heard of audits in the first 4 years of issuance, usually happens when their extended. dont know if its a random thing or if theres a waiting line. i don't have anything to hide but i'll let it go anyways.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 3:35:15 PM EDT
Years ago I had a regular FFL for 5 years and a C&R for 3 and never once got visited by the ATF.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:51:33 PM EDT
I thought you can have the meeting at the ATF offices? Is it like they give you so longs notice and then you can request to have it at their offices or at your residence?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:23:04 PM EDT
you have the option of having it at your house or their office but from what ive heard you need to take all the guns logged into the bound book to the office. i read a post on a C&R forum that one guy took over 50 pieces to the office for the audit.
Top Top