Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2002 9:13:16 PM EDT
buddy of mine has an AR (preban Bushy) that sometimes has cases stick in the chamber.  generally its just Wolf crap...but not always.  anyhow, it has an Armalite match barrel

suggestions?

thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the same problem and had to beat them out with a cleaning rod...

I read an article on the Fulton armory site that it happens when the chamber is hot enough to melt the laquer that is applied liberally to the case.  I thouroughly cleaned the chamber, quit using wolf or any other steel case ammo and haven't had the problem since.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]
The Wolf crap leaves a laquer residue on the chamber causing this. Chuck a chamber brush in an electric drill and scrub the crap out of it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks, thats kinda what i figured
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:15:02 AM EDT
[#5]

I think it's more of a chamber size issue than the laquer.
If it was laquer then I would have the same problems with my 7.62X39mm AR upper and 9mm upper. That's all that ever goes in those.
Needless to say, I stay away from the Wolf in .223
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]

stay away from the Wolf

good advice
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Its taken me 2000 rounds of ammo through my AR to finally realize that shooting wolf ammo isn't worth it.
At first I understood the CONS of wolf, but accepted them and thought to myself, the price is right.

Then I actually bought a box of good ammo and put it through my AR and botabing-botaboom.
I can actually hit what my front post is sitting on now.

I thought it was me (still havent sighted my AR in yet, heh, no bench rest yet) but it was the ammo!  Can't wait for the weather to get nicer so I can sight this batch in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Ditto...I picked up some Black Hills Ammunition so I would have decent ammunition to shoot through the AR.  Having the correct ammunition is a must...found this out the hard way.

Also purchased some Nosler red tipped .223 which shoots extremely well.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Also purchased some Nosler red tipped .223 which shoots extremely well.

Should that be Orange color, not red ?

www.nosler.com/chartvarmint.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top