Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/30/2002 9:55:32 AM EDT
What are the required drift punch sizes needed for all work on an AR? The only one I know about is 1/16", which is for the pin that holds the charging handle together.

I just bought a tac-latch, but I forgot to order a drift punch set. Thre's no way this thing is going together without one.

Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:57:21 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:13:23 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 1:43:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Troy:
Bushmaster sells an inexpensive set of 4 punches, which just happen to be exactly the size and type needed for ARs. :)


Yeah, I know. But they don't tell what sizes they are online. I was hoping to have some this weekend so I could install the tac-latch.

Anyway, I found the 1/16" tht I needed for it down at Home Depot.

I also found a list of what's needed in the Bushy catalog. 1/16", 3/32", 1/8", and 5/32" are the ones they sell.
Link Posted: 3/31/2002 8:41:37 PM EDT
the army or marine tech book also has the sizes of the punches to use with what pins, etc.
Link Posted: 4/1/2002 5:07:12 AM EDT
you need a 5/64ths for the gas tube..., 1/16th is a bit small........
Top Top