Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2006 5:45:48 AM EDT
anybody know if some PSG-1 grips will go on the armalite?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No.  You have to stick with grips that go on the AR-15.  Now, if you are talking about the PSG-1 TYPE of grips that go on the AR-15, then yes, with mods.  You will need to either remove part of the stock or cut a slot in the grip to allow the stock to go into it.  When I put on Hogues on my AR-50 I had to round the top forward edge of the grip and cut a slot in the back bottom of the grip to allow it to go on.  If you do these mods to the wooden target grips that go on the AR-15 then it will work too.  It might look like hell but it will go on.  Or you can round the top forward edge of the grip and cut off the bottom part of the stock that would hit the wooden grip.  IMO do not cut your stock.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I put a Sierra Precision grip on mine.   The AR50 grip is modified.   That is why it sits at a funny angle.   I had to remove materiel from the top of the grip which is not too hard because of what it's made of.   I cut about 1/2" off of the stock "tang" to clear the grip.   You cannot tell I did anything to it.
It will take a little fitting work but you can definately put that grip on your AR50.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I have been thinking about doing this on my AR-50.. Can you guys post some pics of the modified grip before and after you installed them?
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I am trying to fit a Royal Arms onto my AR30....I never thought of the PAG1 type.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top