Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 7/11/2003 12:40:58 PM EDT
Which is better of the two?  Visually, the AR-50 muzzle break look's better then the barrett's, but, if I were to remove the M82A-1s M.B. and replace it with that of the AR-50, would it increase or decrease the felt recoil of the already light recoiling 50cal semi-auto?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
...I don't know how you did the survey thing, but I'd like to see a survey on the best of ALL brakes...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:27:39 PM EDT
[#2]
My AR-50 kicks about like a 20 gauge mag. or a 12 ga. I really like the Armalite Brake, haven't tried anything else with the .50.

MM419
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:33:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
My AR-50 kicks about like a 20 gauge mag. or a 12 ga. I really like the Armalite Brake, haven't tried anything else with the .50.

MM419

Same here. I have to fight my 11 year old son for trigger time when we go to the range.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's the problem, the AR-50 might reduce the recoil on the Barrett to much! If it does, the 82 will short cycle all the time. After shooting the 82 I didn't think there was much difference between them, atleast not enough to change the brakes.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Well now, let me ask you guy's this then; If you were having a custom bolt action 50 built, what muzzle break from any rifle would you all use?  
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It would be the AR-50's or a clamshell type from K&P. I would like to see someone do a test on the same rifle using both brakes.

The only drawback with these brakes is the muzzleblast but who cares when your shooting with other .50 owners. I've warned people that have set up next to me, many shrug their shoulders and say it's okay. Funny how they disappear after the first shot.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It would be the AR-50's or a clamshell type from K&P. I would like to see someone do a test on the same rifle using both brakes.

The only drawback with these brakes is the muzzleblast but who cares when your shooting with other .50 owners. I've warned people that have set up next to me, many shrug their shoulders and say it's okay. Funny how they disappear after the first shot.

...where does one find info on the K&P Brake???
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#8]
They don't have a website, here's the # (505)445-1311. Not sure on the price but it'll set you back at least $200+.

Email [email protected]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:32:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I posted a question on BiggerHammer about the recoil on a Windrunner.  One person responded who had a K&P brake installed and found no difference between the K&P and the WR brake.  So he had the original brake reinstalled.  
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
That's strange, Art shoots with us and I thought he liked it. Didn't know that he ended up giving it back to BR. If you make it out next Sunday and he's there, I'll introduce you and you can ask him more about it.

How long before you get your WR?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I should be there Sunday.  It'll be nice meeting everyone.  Tom said he will put the paperwork in on Monday and then the usual 10 day wait.  Not that I'm in a rush, I still need to get a scope!  Don said I can borrow one of his to get started for now.  Atleast I don't have to walk very far to reload!

Sniper_408, sorry to hijack your thread.
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top