Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2002 4:33:05 PM EDT
Okay, well really it's my Daewoo DR-200 that's having this problem. But from what I understand, the lower is so similar to the AR that the FCG is virtually interchangeable.

The hammer pin moves 1/8 inch to the right (which is a lot) after to or three shots.  I have to keep pushing it in so it's flush with the reciever.  Man, this rifle is awesome but this one flaw is driving me nuts.  I don't want the pin to walk out all the way during rapid fire and have the hammer come loose and ruin this beauty.  

The pin is not retained in the rifle by a spring or clip.  How can I stop this problem?  I thought about peening the reciever on both sides near the pin hole but that just seems too destructive.

Little help anyone???

Nobby out
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The best way to solve the problem is buy a set of "anti walk" pins.  They cost about five bucks and most suppliers of AR parts have them.  Try replacing the pin first.  Sometimes the little difference in pins will allow proper seating.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The walk of the pin is caused by a weak spring or worn out parts. The anit walk pin are easy to get. If I rememeber correctly, the Daewoo uses AR15 parts so replacement of spring and hammer is easy to get.
Link Posted: 2/25/2002 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys!! Checked my Bushy catalog and they sell the anti-walk pins for $6. Problem solved...I think.  I'll let you know once I get the goods. Thx Again.

Nobby out!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Sheesh! Don't waste your money on the anti-walk pins! You don't need them, and they are ugly on the receiver!

There is a j-spring in the hammer that is supposed to catch on the middle groove of the hammer pin to keep it from "walking". Yours is missing, or the pin groove is too shallow, or something. Use a pin punch and push the hammer pin out (download the TM from the ar15.com site for pics and info). Remove the hammer and see if the pin is missing. Replace the hammer if it is. When you put it back in make sure the spring legs go on either side of the trigger to catch the groove in the trigger pin (the hammer and trigger pins are the same). Get some good pins from Bushmaster.

It's easy - take your time and you will not only fix the problem without a band-aid fix like those stupid anti-walk pins, you will learn something about your rifle.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 1:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Your hammer pin is almost certainly in the wrong way!!!!!!!
The spring sits in the grooves in the pin and holds it in place. If in the wrong way it will walk out until the spring can slide into the grooves-the hammer pin is not symmetric with regards to the way the grooves line up, in other words.
I thought I already answered this question somewhere.
Link Posted: 2/26/2002 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Your hammer pin is almost certainly in the wrong way!!!!!!!
The spring sits in the grooves in the pin and holds it in place. If in the wrong way it will walk out until the spring can slide into the grooves-the hammer pin is not symmetric with regards to the way the grooves line up, in other words.
I thought I already answered this question somewhere.

Also, I've seen it where the spring was put in with the leg resting on the bottom of the receiver instead of on the pin.

You definately don't need anti-walk pins.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top