Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2002 4:08:43 PM EDT
I have gutted my Bushmaster lower except fot the safety, How does one remove it? Does it just push out or what?
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If you remove the pistol grip, you will notice a spring that goes into the reciever wall.  pull it out (don't lose the metal peice on the end) and then the safety selector should slide out.

SB
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:14:14 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a detent pin that is mounted in the lower receiver on the under side of the selector. You remove it by removing the pistol grip...but do it slowly and carefully because there is a spring and a buffer in there and neither piece is very big and can get lost easily.

Why are you stripping it, anyway?

CJ

Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank-Ya, no information was available in the competition kit assembly about the safety removal.
Link Posted: 1/16/2002 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, I am installing a 2 stage trigger assembly. Thanks, back to work...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top