Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2002 2:44:13 AM EDT
I have gotten the AR15 bug.  I would like to expand my collection.  I currently have a preban Colt HBAR and a preban Colt Lightweight.  Any suggestions on my next purchase, it doesn't need to be a Colt or a preban, but keep the price within reason.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 3:00:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Olympic Arms makes very good AR's (very accurate) at a reasonable price.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 3:34:17 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Olympic Arms makes very good AR's (very accurate) at a reasonable price.

Link Posted: 2/21/2002 4:07:50 AM EDT
[#3]
For pure out of the box accuracy, my Oly's have always performed well for me. As good as any others, and better than most.

Oly's problems IMO are two fold -

1. Some out of spec lowers (BIG problem five + years ago, and still occasionally happens,) including poor fit to in-spec uppers, and tight mag wells.

2. Occasionally shoddy finish.

My advice??? Go with an Oly upper and a Bushy lower.

Link Posted: 2/21/2002 4:57:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Everybody should have at least 1 SP1 in their collection!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 5:14:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm surprised no one has reccommended the Bushmaster. One of my prebans is an A-2 shorty by Bushmaster. Nothing wrong with it. I also have a sni, er varmint rifle built on a DPMS lower, outstanding rifle. My goal is to have one from each manufacturer some day!
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Time to really expand your AR-15 knowledge:

Build ONE!

Check out DPMS.
Link Posted: 2/21/2002 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#7]
If I were in your shoes (I wish I was), I would get a postban Bushmaster Carbine.  Take it to the range, and leave my prebans at home to become more valuable.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 4:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]
You can get the Wilson Combat TPR (Tactical Precision Rifle).

Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:00:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Since your talking about a "collection" I always say variety is the spice of life.  Take a look at the Bushmaster Dissipator and their new varmint/sniper rifle.  Both would be good clean fun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:34:44 AM EDT
[#10]
AR_Rifle, haha, he said keep the price within reason. The Wilson Combat line of rifles may be nice, but the prices are anything but "within reason"
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:45:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."

Unless you live in Connecticut, where a gun stamped "AR15" is believed to be manufactured at Brimstone Inc. where it was designed by Satan himself to kill soccer moms and small children.
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have gotten the AR15 bug.  I would like to expand my collection.

Add some .308's to your collection, here's my Black Rifle Collection

Bushmaster Shorty
S/A M1A
Remington 700 VS
Bushmaster Varminter
Eagle Arms AR10
Colt MT 6551
GIB
Link Posted: 2/22/2002 12:57:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ditto on that.  For the true, dyed-in-the-wool AR fan/collector, IMHO this is an essential component...the foundation, if you will.  It's the very reason we're all on this site.  Just my .02.  Good luck in whatever you choose.

Cloak-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top