Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/23/2005 9:17:46 PM EDT
I'm just wondering because I would like to hear some opinions. I just ordered one from Atlantic Firearms and from what I have read in a couple of gun mags they are pretty sweet. I would like to hear from anyone else here who has also taken the plunge. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 10:18:23 PM EDT
I just got mine like 2 weeks ago. The only problems I have with it is the stock has blems which are understandable because of HK origionals and its hard to find good 7.62x51mm surplus cheap. Everybody is preaching about the difference between 308 win and 7.62. I also had people bash it because it is not real HK. Oh well, I'm happy with it and I spent less than a third of the price for the real HK.

P.S.- The lube JLD uses really smells funky. Some kind of weird grease. Thinking about getting some Mil-comm grease before I shoot it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:49:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/24/2005 6:52:33 AM EDT by santino34]
I dont care about it not being a real HK either. I cant justify spending that kind of money on a "real" HK. Not when high quality, new with warranty alternatives are available at a much lower price. Hell, I have a full sized Century G3 clone with the SS reciever that I wouldnt trade for anything. It works 100% and looks great with it new flash hider and FMP furniture.

BTW, thanks for the response. Did you buy from Atlantic? How long did it take for them to process you order? How long was your wait from the time they received your order and when your FFL recieved the rifle? And most importantly, let me know how it shoots? Thanks again?
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 7:46:35 AM EDT
im in the same boat as you santino34, something about that rifle really makes me want to go and buy one for some odd reason. Buying this sheet metal century G3 changed me, the ak47 and ar15 no longer intrest me much anymore as a battle rifle...
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:31:00 AM EDT
Howdy - I've got the standard PTR-91 with an 18 inch barrel and flash hider and have owned it for about 3 months. All I can say is impressive. The trigger is the typical 12lbs two stage type, but I've manage to get pretty good groups with it despite the heavy first stage. From what I read and and seen with my rifle, JLD has improved upon the basic G3 design, yet kept the cost down. My rifle is one solid rifle, that can shoot 3 inch groups with open sights at 100 meters and at 400 meters with open sights can nail a 18x18 inch steel plate until the sun goes down and doing this with the cheap stuff, Wolf 308. Most likely, a younger shooter with better eyes and a steadier hand would certainly cut the group size in half I imagine. Anyway, my JLD has got a permeant spot reserved in the safe. Nothing but good from my opinion on PTR-91.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 10:02:22 AM EDT
I have a PTR-91K.

I just picked it up on Monday the 18th. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet though.

The gun looks and feels great, but I'll have to reserve final judgement until I can get to the range

My PTR-91K
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 1:37:43 PM EDT
Thanks for the input guys. Did you guys buy from Atlantic? If so, how long of did you have to wait before it arrived at your FFL? It sounds like you are having a good time with yours CK. JeepDriver, when you get a chance let us know how yours shoots.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:04:15 PM EDT
I got it from work (funshop and indoor handgun range). I had to play phone tag with JLD to set up an dealer account. It took about three weeks to get it.. The case it comes in is just like Bushmasters. The only thing that scares me about shooting it is the stock. It has a little tiny rubber pad shaped like a meat tenderizer. Kind of scary. You'll see what I mean. I promise the rifle is worth its weight in gold. All 10+ lbs of it

linky for Kurz Paratrooper

Oh great, now they are making 3 rail fore ends. There goes my money.
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 9:27:05 PM EDT
Santino34, I got my JLD on GunBroker, with a pretty low bid. Well worth the money in opinion.

TorchUall - I hear you - The new forearms that JLD is putting out is going to hurt my pocket book also
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 11:01:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TorchUall:

P.S.- The lube JLD uses really smells funky. Some kind of weird grease. Thinking about getting some Mil-comm grease before I shoot it.

I called and asked JLD what oil they used at the factory. They said Tetra products.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 4:39:07 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 7:59:34 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ATLANTIC-FIREARMS:
Santino34 , as we list in the how to buy section of our web site , we process most orders in 3-4 business days of your payment ,ffl & order form reaching our office. If you mention you are a AR15.COM member we normally will bump you to the top, if you want to check on the status of your order please use the ORDER STATUS button on the left side of our web site. We thank you for your order and please make a post after you have received the new rifle and give us your review !! Thank You Atlantic Firearms,llc

Reason #4,549 why I love this site.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:47:47 AM EDT
OK Atlantic, will do. I thought it was a little soon to start bugging you guys, but I will give it a shot. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:22:44 PM EDT
The dealer I usually order from, ordered my PTR 91 from SARCO. The rifle arrived ten days later. I am very impressed with the fit and finish of this rifle. I have not had a chance to zero the rifle yet, but I did fire the weapon at paper to check function of rifle and to see if the sights were off. Function was good, I only fired twenty five rounds. I shot off hand at a target twenty five yards away. Group was good, sights were off to the left and down about two inches. I then fired the remainder of ammo at my steel one hundred yard target and rang it more often than not. The rifle is easy to hit with. Monday, I will zero the rifle, and fire a few hundred rounds to break her in. I am expecting good things from this rifle.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:40:06 PM EDT
Thanks for the response 45-70govt. Sight her in and give us a full review.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:21:58 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:12:01 PM EDT
I shot my new PTR today to sight in and to just wring her out a little. I did not get it sighted in for elevation because I do not have my sight tool yet. I ordered it from JLD, and should be here this week. I know I could modify a pair of small needle nose pliers for this but I do not want to chance marring the sight. Anyhow, windage is dead on, and I commenced hammering steel at one hundred, and two hundred yards. The rifle is one fine weapon, and easy to score hits with, though the trigger is rather stiff, but pretty normal actually for a service type weapon. When I get the elevation right I will be shooting my three hundred yard targets as well. I recommend this rifle to anyone who will listen.
Top Top