Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:45:47 AM EDT
Has anyone has any expeience with these?
They have been discontuined and are selling for around $700. Sounds like a great price for a gen 2 scope. Just wondering how the picture quality is. I'm wanting it for varmit hunting.

www.binoculars.com/products/ATN_AMT_Aries_MK6500_Generation_2_Riflescope_5511.html

thanks
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 1:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I owned one for about 2 months before selling it.  Picture quality was good but the IR illuminator was very concetrated... in other words it had 'spot light' illumination instead of the whole visible FOV picture being illuminated.  sure you could see the whole FOV but the very center much brighter than the outside FOV.  I sold it and will prolly use a head mount NV goggles with the NV option on my eotech.  It was awefully big too...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, anyone else have any reviews
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one for as long as it took me to trade it. I thought it sucked, but maybe it was just a bad IR illuminator. Very heavy and glad I didn't pay money for it. Sold the .45 I traded for it a couple weeks after just to distance myself from the scope as much as possible. Just my 2 cents. FYI I only had about $400 in it, and had trouble getting that much out of it in trade.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top