Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2002 8:34:51 AM EDT
A buddy of mine is interested in an AK from Arsenal USA but neither one of us know much about the company.  He already has an AR but is looking for a second rifle.  Any input would be appreciated from the experts out there!  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO the best AK out there: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=96610

Mike
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Refer to this thread that I posted a while back on the AK forum: ak.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?ID=51199
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Arsenal Kazanlak Bulgaria, affiliated with KVAR supposedly, makes the SA-M7.
Arsenal USA makes the SSR rifles which are available through Tennessee Guns and Global Trades. All are excellent from what I hear but the SSR rifles are now being made from different parts-see the ads in SGN or check their websites. This is not to denigrate them as the polish receivers are excellent.
The SA-M7 sounds real sweet to me. Plan on getting one myself.
I see you live in Nevada. The first company mentioned is in Las Vegas. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the excellent feedback.  To be more specific, he's looking at the SSR-85B.

Apparently, they're out of the Hungarian receivers and are using ones made in Ohio until
they can import some more.  That will be two or three months, and by that time they may have exhausted their supply of Polish parts.  The
American-made receivers don't really bother us as we figure it's probably as good as the Hungarian or better.  We are worried about them running out of the Polish parts though.  Those are from rifles that were held in reserve and never issued.  Used AK's are a dime a dozen, but ones that haven't passed through countless hands and subjected to no telling how much use and abuse are hard to find.  What do you think?

Any further input would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

MustangMan
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:04:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an SLR-95 from Arsenal.. It is awsome!!! It shoots smooth and straight. Would highly recommend it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top