Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/18/2014 2:56:12 PM EDT
Thought I would share only $99. I noticed classics are up to $109 now. I grabbed 2 from aim.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=826&name=Russian%20(MOLOT)%201891/30%20B-GRADE%207.6254R%20Mosins

Link Posted: 3/18/2014 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#1]

Saw that too.  Tempting as it looks like it's just stock damage and would be great shooters.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I got one of these B grades from Classic.  The Molot B grade I received was a hex and had no damage to the stock.  Bore was good. Why a B Grade?  I don't know.  The bolt did have both Tula and Iz stamped parts, so maybe the mix match?  Then again, a lot of Mosins are mix matches.  Good buy, as I had a 5% off.  I wouldn't hesitate buying these Molot "B"s from AIM at $99.  Should get an excellent shooter.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Definitely worth it, especially to those that like to re stock it up or something.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 6:25:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine shipped today will be here on Tuesday will post pics.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 4:30:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Took the plunge and ordered two. Hopefully something unique!
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#6]
AIM sure likes to take my money.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:29:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one too, did anyone else go for the handpick option( I know its a "B" grade but for $10 can you really go wrong)? Hopefully mine ships monday and I will post pics
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 7:02:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I did hand pick and sent a email if i could get a tula or hex they said they would try.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 9:42:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered me one yesterday. Decided against the hand pick option just to see what the difference will be. Hey for $99.95 what the Hell.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 12:35:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Ordered a pair of them myself.
Rolling the dice on them but always
have had a good out come with Aim.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine came today. I have no idea why it qualifies as a grade "B". Nice rifle.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#12]
WOW got some great rifles today the 1943 ex sniper was a surprise

Link Posted: 3/25/2014 5:06:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice! Mine two shipped today, can't wait to see what my luck of the draw is.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#14]
How are the bores?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:21:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Bores are bright and shiny no pitting and strong rifling.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:30:47 AM EDT
[#16]
How are they import marked?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:12:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are they import marked?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#18]
I did hand pic. I am very happy. Looks cleaner than my other one I paid more for.
I was hoping for a hex, as I really want one. But I am still happy with this rifle.

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice scores, guys!

What's with all the ex-snipers? I never get that lucky.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 5:39:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I did hand pic. I am very happy. Looks cleaner than my other one I paid more for.
I was hoping for a hex, as I really want one. But I am still happy with this rifle.

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_2727.jpg

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_2728.jpg

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_2729.jpg
View Quote

Nice Izzy ex sniper!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nice Izzy ex sniper!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_2727.jpg

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_2728.jpg

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_2729.jpg

Nice Izzy ex sniper!!

Wait. What?  How do we know this is an ex sniper? Is that what the grinding marks on the receiver are?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 5:54:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Wait. What?  How do we know this is an ex sniper? Is that what the grinding marks on the receiver are?
View Quote

Lined out scope number on the side of the barrel shank. Open the bolt and look at the inside of the left receiver wall. Are there filled holes there?
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Lined out scope number on the side of the barrel shank. Open the bolt and look at the inside of the left receiver wall. Are there filled holes there?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
And, in the second picture I can make out what seems to be the welded areas. Looks like they were kind enough to put the import serial number between the holes, too.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

+1
And, in the second picture I can make out what seems to be the welded areas. Looks like they were kind enough to put the import serial number between the holes, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

AWESOME!!!!  My friend just called me a lucky son of a bitch.
Thank you guys for your input.

I have had maybe 5 minutes to fiddle with it and all I did was verify the serial numbers all matched, which they do, and I dry fired it a couple times. The only think I noted about it was that the trigger feels different from my Tula. Softer and lighter.

I guess now I know why the trigger is better. It's a fricking ex-sniper!
I'll get a chance to really sit down and examine it tonight. I'll take more detailed pics.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 7:00:09 AM EDT
[#25]
For a few $ more you can have it looking like this in a jiffy!

That was originally an ex-sniper my Dad picked up. Use an original scope and mount though - I'm not a fan of the repro scopes, and there are so many original PUs and mounts floating around out there that it's almost a disservice to them to let them be without a rifle. Using the Accumounts base is okay, though, as it can be a pain to find originals in the screw pattern you need.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 7:00:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Being a refurb, the fact that the trigger is lighter is really only a coincidence (they were all completely disassembled, then reassembled with random parts). But, we take these advantages wherever we can get them, even if by coincidence!
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#27]
My hand-picked is being delivered today. I will wait and see what I end up with but I am already jealous of you two with the ex-snipers! I hope you didnt get all the nice ones Aim had. Nice scores
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 7:15:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Tagged in case they get more.

TRG
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm excited now. My friend got a bunch of the "match" ammo when AIM had it a while back. He is going to sell me a little of it. I am anxious to get to the range with it. I plan on going tomorrow. I won;t have the match ammo by then. But I'll shoot regular stuff through the ex-sniper and my tula and see what the difference is.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I sure am glad I posted pics in this thread. I don;t think I would have "bubbaized" or done something stupid with this rifle. But I probably would have gone on completely oblivious to what I had. Not noticing the subtle differences. Thanks!

Here are more pics.

My new 1943 Izzy Ex-sniper(top) with my 1938 Tula(bottom)

An ex-sniper for sure:

Differences in the bolt and receiver I would have maybe not picked up on.

The ex-sniper on the left has not been bored out.

Best I could get of the rifling with a camera phone. It is nice and crisp.

Link Posted: 3/26/2014 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#31]
They said mine will ship out in a couple of days. Can't wait to see what I get. ( Ordered it last Sat. but they couldn't find the FFL holders copy and had to re-fax yesterday but they held the rifle.)  Good thing as I see they are all gone now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#32]
My pair shipped today.
looking at the pics  posted, I can't wait.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I ended up with two Izzys, one round, one hex.  Both have good metal and decent stocks.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Classic firearms still has them in stock. $10 more than AIM, but when I ordered 2 with hand select, shipping and everything came to $130 per rifle, which is what I paid for the one from AIM.

I put hex and or ex-sniper if possible in the comments.  Will see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 1:41:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Got mine today!

'38 Izhevzk and '42 Izhevzk. Both all match, however the but plate on one and the mag floorplate on the other are lined out and restamped.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Got mine today!

'38 Izhevzk and '42 Izhevzk. Both all match, however the but plate on one and the mag floorplate on the other are lined out and restamped.
View Quote

PEETCHERS PLEASE !!
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Man you guys suck, guess I will have to check out the C+R forum more often.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I sure am glad I posted pics in this thread. I don;t think I would have "bubbaized" or done something stupid with this rifle. But I probably would have gone on completely oblivious to what I had. Not noticing the subtle differences. Thanks!

Here are more pics.

My new 1943 Izzy Ex-sniper(top) with my 1938 Tula(bottom)

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/photo_1_002.jpg

An ex-sniper for sure:
http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/photo_2_002.jpg

Differences in the bolt and receiver I would have maybe not picked up on.
http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/photo_3_001.jpg

The ex-sniper on the left has not been bored out.
http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/photo_4_001.sized.jpg

Best I could get of the rifling with a camera phone. It is nice and crisp.
http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/photo_5.sized.jpg

View Quote

The top target is PPU 182 grain and the bottom is the white box russian 147
The 182 tumbles bad in the Tula. I did not even notice until the morning that there is a sideways bullet hole in near the bottom left grouping. That came from the upper left target group. So the Tula hates the 182 grain ammo. But does fine with white box. The ex-sniper likes both, but the 182 is awesome. I love that bottom right group from the PPU in the Ex-sniper.

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Some nice Mosins from this grade B lot. I am still waiting for my shipping notice. Anyone else have pics of theirs?
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:48:30 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Some nice Mosins from this grade B lot. I am still waiting for my shipping notice.
View Quote

I wouldn't hold my breath on a ship notice. I've been waiting for a notice since last Wen. I sent a Email yesterday for a status and heard back today that it has shipped and will be here Fri. I hope it's similar to the ones posted here already.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 8:47:02 PM EDT
[#41]
I got mine today. I wish I had ordered 2. I spent the extra 10 bucks, and am very happy. It's a 1942 Izhevsk. Looks great to me. A little cleaning and I'll shoot her.  Pics later, after I figure out how to run the camera.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#42]
I just picked mine up from UPS today.  I really wish that I had ordered 2 or 3.  I chose the hand picked option and received an 1925 Tula ex-dragoon.  Around where I live the round 91/30's run between $150-$200 anymore.  $129 if Cabela's has them on sale.  This one is much better looking than what they are selling.  The wood is lighter with the normal dings on it, with plenty of markings on it.  Very happy with what I received!
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 5:38:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I got mine on Friday. Ordered two and got the hand select and received a 44tula ex-sniper and a double date mo marked Izzy matching numbers. All and all very happy. It was my first c&r purchase
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:35:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Went and picked up my AIM Surplus Izzy 1943 from the FFL today. I didn't choose the hand select so wasn't sure what to expect. The rifle is in very good shape for being 71 years old. Bore is nice and clean and the receiver and all metal parts are spot on. A few scratches on the stock but nothing I'm concerned about since I've already got it broke down and starting the stock refinishing project. Will post up when complete. Until then a couple of crappy pic's of the new arrival. ( Like a few have said " I should've bought more than one" )

Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#45]
The two hand select I bought from classic firearms shipped today. Probably will get them Tuesday or Wednesday next week
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I got three (made the cheapest shipping), ended up with a '34 Izhvesk Hexagon, '40 Tula and a '42 Izhvesk.   Overall I was happy for a total of $115 shipped apiece.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#47]
I got my two from Classic Firearms. I'm a little disappointed in Classic. The one from Aim actually had a "Hand Pick" check box and mark from Molot. But these two from Classic, which were $10 more for HP than AIM, just have an HP in sharpie on them. They look like they just got "regulars" in and did their own hand pick, where AIM actually got Molot hand picks.

But, while I was really hoping for a hex and did not get it, What I got was not without merit.
All numbers match. Neither has been bored out. Both have great rifling and very nice triggers. Better triggers than my ex-sniper.

I got a 1939 Tula that is super clean. The bluing is deep, the markings straight and deep. I wish this pic was not slightly blurry.
It looks like a nearly new rifle, except for stock wear. Best finish I have seen on any nagant.

The other is a 1942 Izzy with BRASS end caps! I should have got the brass in the pic. I will get it tonight. brass is covered in cosmo anyway.
The only other brass nagant I have seen is my friends 1943 Izzy. Which is funny, because he is probably going to buy the Tula from me. Though I can tell he kinda wants the brass Izzy so he has two. But I think I'll keep this one.

If you are wondering about the brass, here is a pic. Not mine. The lower one, see how there is brass on the upper handguard at the very rear and very front of the handguards. That is what my 1942 izzy has, and my friends 1943 izzy.

HA! I did not notice, This is a picture from AIM. The center one has brass end caps
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#48]
From what I have read the brass end caps are a pre war feature.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 3:20:13 PM EDT
[#49]
More pics.

Here is the Tula I got. Beautiful deep blue. The trigger is out of this world. Seriously, about 4lbs and no creep at all, just click. It goes off at a touch. It is probably not supposed to be this way, but some people would pay for this trigger on their Remington 700's

Brass Izzy. I am going to sand the stock down and tongue oil it to a nice blonde.

A month ago I had 1 nagant. Now I have 5, and I have a double date MO marked hex ordered that will arrive next Thursday. I will probably sell my "less pretty" Tula and keep the nicer one, assuming it shoots well.
In order:
Izzy Ex-sniper I put a scout scope on without any modification to the rifle. It is easy to switch back the way it was. I may convert it back truly the way it used to be.
Izzy with brass end caps
Tula
Tula
Izzy M44
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Finally got my $ 99.95 Aim Mosin 91/30 stock stripped down and applied 7 layers of Lin Seed Oil over 7 days and let cure for 2 weeks. Just a few pic's.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top