Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 3:09:57 PM EDT
AIM is selling K31’s now for about $99 and claim the finish is about 80% to 90%. FGS, Inc. is selling the same rifle for about $114 and says the finish is about 70%. FGS, Inc. said the finish on their “Excellent” K31’s is about 90%. Does anyone know how accurate AIM’s claim of 80% to 90% finish really is? Why would you pay $179.50 for a 90% FGS, Inc. rifle if AIM’s $99 rifles are about the same finish? There may be a good reason to, but I’m just learning about K31’s and would like to get more info before I buy.

Since I believe the guy I talked to at FGS was the owner, my gut tells me that he was being conservative and not over estimating the quality, whereas the people I spoke with at AIM were order takers, but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought a half a dozen pieces from AIM and been satisfied with all (the Enfield was nasty, but not unexpected of a C&R).  I haven't done any business with FGS, Inc. nor heard anything about them on this board.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top