Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 10:53:06 PM EDT
Anyone have one of these?

They list them for $90 as shooter grade with good bores.  
I am not too concerned about looks, I just want a good shooter.  And are the micrometer rear sights worth the extra $5?

Help educate a milsurp n00b. . . .
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:13:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
And are the micrometer rear sights worth the extra $5?

Yes.  I wouldn't own an #4 mk1 any other way.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought one of these about 15 years ago for $50.  Excellent bargin, and yes the flip up sights are worth it....If you take time working with it, you won't believe how accurate these rifles can be.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of the $ 89 AIM specials and sent it back because the bore was gone and the muzzle was wallowed out with no rifling within an inch of what was left of the muzzle.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Would I be better off getting one from Military Gun Supply for $110?

Or should I get a K31.  

(I am a college student who has decided to stop spending all his money on ARs and get a milsurp boltgun.  Thus Getting both is out of the question.)

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Would I be better off getting one from Military Gun Supply for $110?

Or should I get a K31.  

(I am a college student who has decided to stop spending all his money on ARs and get a milsurp boltgun.  Thus Getting both is out of the question.)

k31

you're not likely to ever find one with a bad bore, and they're easier to operate than most if not all bolt-actions.  Right now, the GP11 goes for about .50 cents a round, but Wolf is about to come out, not sure how much theirs will be though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top