Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2003 9:32:32 PM EDT
Has anyone ever bought and used a firearm from them?  Their prices are nice, but they are so low that I figure something has got to be up.  Like this for example, Synthetic Stock CETME G3 .308 Rifle for only 299.99 (Century Arms).
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've bought C&R's from AIM w/o any problems, a decent company IMHO.

299 is average going price for a CETME.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I've spent literally thousands of dollars with them.  What you see on that website is basically dealer price (not distributor price though!).  You'll still need to pay the transfer fee and all that.  The "black widow" CETMES are so much like the G3 clones, the only difference is in the iron sights as far as I can tell.  Good main battle rifle for the money, although some of them have bugs that need to be worked out occasionally.  The guy with the scoped mauser at the bottom of this post has three different CETMES from AIM right now and they all work just fine.  Ask for Linda when you order, she and I flirt over the phone every time I call over there.

Examples of C&R guns I've gotten from AIM:

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:02:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yeah, forget about the catalog and go to

www.aimsurplus.com
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Third reply, I should just edit but I guess I'll spam my post count instead.  You should really look at getting one of the still-new-in-the-wrap Russian M44 Mosin-Nagant carbines for $70, with accessories, SHIPPED.  They are way cool and non-corrosive ammo is still pretty darn cheap.  Anyone who doesn't get one now is going to be crying about it when the guns start selling for $200 at gunshows in a few years.  Don't believe me?  If it happened to the SKS it can happen to the Mosin.

Now I have to include the obligatory M44 pic.  I refinished my carbine with Minwax cause I got bored with it looking like my other two Mosins.  I'm such a photo whore...

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 10:34:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Unshaven, you look 30.  Shaved, you look 12.

Quoted:
I've spent literally thousands of dollars with them.  What you see on that website is basically dealer price (not distributor price though!).  You'll still need to pay the transfer fee and all that.  The "black widow" CETMES are so much like the G3 clones, the only difference is in the iron sights as far as I can tell.  Good main battle rifle for the money, although some of them have bugs that need to be worked out occasionally.  The guy with the scoped mauser at the bottom of this post has three different CETMES from AIM right now and they all work just fine.  Ask for Linda when you order, she and I flirt over the phone every time I call over there.

Examples of C&R guns I've gotten from AIM:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=5423

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=14185

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:43:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Zippy, man, that sig line...it's priceless!! I'm glad I wasn't swiggin' coffee when I saw that!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#7]
A fat chubby 12 too.  Helps me pick up the junior high school chicks...
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, forget about the catalog and go to

www.aimsurplus.com

Duke, thanks for the link !!  I just had a &*^%$$##$%%^&^&(*& computer crash Friday and lost every F&**&^%%$#@ favorite that I had bookmarked.

Just FYI.  Anyone that is considering upgrading from Windows me to Windows XP Professional and is running Norton Anti Virus, PLEASE uninstall Norton BEFORE upgrading.  Don't know what will happen with any other upgrades.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought my Bushmaster XM15-E2S 20" A3 Heavy Barrel Rifle 1:9 twist from AIM - no problems whatsoever, very fast and smooth transaction.  I would definitely recommend them.

Here is the link to exactly what I got from them:

www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Bushmaster_Rifles.html

(picture of me with gun coming soon)

EDIT:  ok, here's the pic, go easy on me with the photoshopping....

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Duke, how is the bore on that M44?

I got one from a gunshow that looked great on the outside but the bore was sand paper.  Paid $95 too.

Oh, and is it all matching?

Gracias, Ken

Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:06:07 AM EDT
[#11]
The M44 is all matching.  The bore is decent, not dark, but not shiney either.  The lands are nice and smooth and there is plenty of rifling yet, but the grooves are sandpaper.  Its definitely the least accurate of my Mosins--the Russian M91/30 is more accurate, and my unissued M39 Finnish... well, lets just say there are certain circumstances where I would actually take that gun with me into combat.  Of course the M39 cost me over $200.  These M44s are alot of gun for the money!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:41:57 PM EDT
[#12]
-Duke-Nukem- : Where did you get the scope mount for that Mauser and how much did it run you? I've been looking for one in that style for a while and haven't come up with many options.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top