Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2002 6:29:11 PM EDT
[rant]
The range I go to has recently done a lot of upgrades and made it a really nice place to shoot.  Today I was at the pistol range which has a building that was redone about a month or 2 ago.  I noticed an exit hole in the siding.  Somebody was standing at one of the windows(no glass in it, just frame) and fired a shot down just under the frame, went out taking a huge chunk of siding with it and chipped the concrete in front of it.  

Also on new sheds covering the rifle ranges there are holes in the roofs and holes in support posts.  It could be the result of a high primer or slam fire or whatever, but the gun should be pointed downrange when its chambered, so that's not an excuse.  It just sucks to see all this new stuff going up and the range looking great only to have people shooting holes in stuff.  The worst part is some of the damage there is obviously intentional. [/rant]
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to belong to a SASS affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting Club.

I have spent hours building and painting props and storefronts. I never saw a hole get poked in one during a match but every time I visited the range there were more holes.

I know exactly how you feel.
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The saying goes something like

"if you didn't earn it or work hard to get it, you won't take care of it!"

Just look at public housing
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#3]
About 22 months ago, I went to a civilian shooting range for the first time.  I was absolutely shocked at how many holes there were in the roof of the shed.  How does that happen?  I've been to two other ranges since then and saw the same thing.  Scary!z
Link Posted: 12/6/2002 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't help them with the construction since I didn't even know they were doing any of it, but I appreciate and respect the work everyone else did.  Everytime I go out to put up a target or check hits I bring back everybody else's targets and junk.  Just think of how great your shooting place would be if people would pick up after themselves and not shoot up stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top