Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/7/2010 6:25:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/7/2010 6:26:33 PM EDT by drcoffee]
I don't see many pics of the ACOG on the STG. For those of you with the ACOG 4x32, how do you like it? Do you wish you had bought something else (in the same price range)?

If you have pictures, please post them.

drcoffee
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:38:48 PM EDT
I'm interested in this as well.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:48:56 PM EDT
ACOG on my standard rail STG was a little too high. Changed out to E4 rail and was great.
Sorry no pics the ACOG is on a SCAR now. It was a ta31doc with a reversed mount to clear
CH if that helps. Replaced the Doc with RMR duel illumination too. Great optics.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:05:50 PM EDT
I have a TA 31rco I bought and used for a little while on an AR of mine several years ago, I ended up taking it off cause i just never could get used to the eye relief. Fast forward to october of last year. I came home on leave went to the local gun shop and ended up buying an aug a3. I didn't have any optic availible to put on it other than the TA 31. I put it on not expecting much only to be surprised by how much more I liked it on my a3 compared to my AR and the M4's I use in the military. I've always loved the clarity and feild of view from ACOG TA31's, but just really hated the eye relief especially when wearing body armor. Anyway for some reason it just feels much more comfortable on my steyr than they ever have on any ar platfrom I've used them on. The eye relief feels just about perfect when mounted on my A3. I highly recomend it for the AUG. Then again I'm just some random guy on the internet.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:58:30 PM EDT
i have the 4x on my STG. Like was stated before its a little high on the stock rail but I switched it out for a Promoted Pawn and its like the two were made for each other. I can take some pics later tomorrow if you'd like...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:19:02 PM EDT
ACOG on my standard rail STG was a little too high. Changed out to E4 rail and was great.

I agree. TA31F with a LaRue mount.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:42:54 PM EDT
The 4X cogs have crappy eye relief and a are bit bulky . Take a look at the 2 to 3.5 power models they can be moved up or down and are light and out of the way too. The scopes are clear so 4 power isn't needed and a bit much for close eyes open work.

I don't know why there isn't more pic's of Cogs and AUG's because the fit with the funky looks.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:29:08 AM EDT
I have an ACOG TA33R8 on my Steyr. It is a great sight with good eye relief and I like the compact size on an AUG. For me it is the perfect sight for this weapon.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:35:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 5:36:32 AM EDT by poopile]
Originally Posted By KG mauserman:
I have a TA 31rco I bought and used for a little while on an AR of mine several years ago, I ended up taking it off cause i just never could get used to the eye relief. Fast forward to october of last year. I came home on leave went to the local gun shop and ended up buying an aug a3. I didn't have any optic availible to put on it other than the TA 31. I put it on not expecting much only to be surprised by how much more I liked it on my a3 compared to my AR and the M4's I use in the military. I've always loved the clarity and feild of view from ACOG TA31's, but just really hated the eye relief especially when wearing body armor. Anyway for some reason it just feels much more comfortable on my steyr than they ever have on any ar platfrom I've used them on. The eye relief feels just about perfect when mounted on my A3. I highly recomend it for the AUG. Then again I'm just some random guy on the internet.

I agree 100% with this. I've always had AR's and I've ran the TA33, TA31, and TA11 on them. I had to sell my AR with TA11 combo in order to get into my AXR (haven't regretted it once) The ACOG on my AXR is a borrowed TA31RCO. I hated the TA31 on my AR, but it's like peanut butter and jelly on my AXR. I'm saving to replace the borrowed one with the same optic. I'm not sure how it would work on an STG, but the height and eye relief are pretty nice on my rail.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:36:51 PM EDT
I enjoy my ACOG. I'm not excited about the chin weld of the jpoint, but it works.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:38:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/8/2010 4:39:31 PM EDT by Stazi]
I think the Primary Arms 4x (F)ACOG would be perfect for the MSAR as it sits a tad lower than a real ACOG.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:01:34 PM EDT
I had a a TA50-4 on my STG and though it sat a bit high in a ADM mount I liked it. The eye relief sucks and I could mount it far back as I needed to because you (I) couldn't run BUIS anyway. Pics of the ACOG are somewhere in the pic thread. It wears a Trijicon RMR now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:48:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2010 3:50:54 PM EDT by MadDogDan]
The eye relief does suck on ACOG's but they can't be beat for quick engagments past 100 yards. Love the BDC feature for even longer shots. For CQB Aimpoint's T-1 Micro is hard to beat. Together they make the perfect package.

MadDog

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:39:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:23:23 AM EDT
I went the Accupoint route instead.

Less expensive to.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:36:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 12:37:14 PM EDT by Stazi]
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:

Less expensive to.

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo157/Furyataurus/msar2.jpg

WOW - talk about chin weld. You might want to swap out the current rings for some really low ones to get the scope low enough to get a proper cheek weld. Either that or get one of the flush mounted tops rails instead.

Just my $0.02c
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:38:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Stazi:
Originally Posted By Furyataurus:

Less expensive to.

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo157/Furyataurus/msar2.jpg

WOW - talk about chin weld. You might want to swap out the current rings for some really low ones to get the scope low enough to get a proper cheek weld. Either that or get one of the flush mounted tops rails instead.

Just my $0.02c

It only "looks" high in the pic. When you're behind it you don't even notice it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:35:59 AM EDT
Is anyone using flip up iron sights in combination with the ACOG? Is it a good idea?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:02:11 AM EDT
Originally Posted By drcoffee:
Is anyone using flip up iron sights in combination with the ACOG? Is it a good idea?

Won't work with a magnified optic.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:55:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 9:05:40 AM EDT by Evildude87]
Originally Posted By stevemc:

Why not? It works for me. Well not at the same time at least, but still good to have none the less.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:04:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:07:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2010 9:09:22 AM EDT by MadDogDan]
Sorry, it took me a long time to post and missed perfectly good explainations above mine. Disregard as mine is a dupe.

You could use flip-up irons with an ACOG just like you would on an AR. The ACOG should be set in a QD mount so you can "remove" the ACOG to use the BUIS. Since the ACOG is magnified it cannot be used at the same time as the BUIS. The only time you would need to use the BUIS is if your ACOG went tits-up.

MadDog
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:07:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By Evildude87:
Originally Posted By stevemc:

Why not? It works for me.

http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af9/Evildude87/002.jpg

I think his point is there is major distortion trying to use irons THROUGH a magnified optic.

In that case then no, I thought he meant on the rifle together. Oh well
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:14:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By MadDogDan:
Sorry, it took me a long time to post and missed perfectly good explainations above mine. Disregard as mine is a dupe.

You could use flip-up irons with an ACOG just like you would on an AR. The ACOG should be set in a QD mount so you can "remove" the ACOG to use the BUIS. Since the ACOG is magnified it cannot be used at the same time as the BUIS. The only time you would need to use the BUIS is if your ACOG went tits-up.

MadDog

That's what I was looking for. Thanks

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 4:22:20 PM EDT

TR33R -(3X red Chevron) in LaRue mount

Wish they made a lower mount for this

Going to try a 1.5X with a green circle dot reticle ..not sure which mount to use though...."Special Ring" or LaRue Tactical

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:04:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By scoutfsu99:
I enjoy my ACOG. I'm not excited about the chin weld of the jpoint, but it works.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/scb9900/Guns%20and%20stuff/DSC01905.jpg

Are you referring to the small red dot on top and the chin-weld?

I'm looking at the possibility of a 4x Acog with the mini-red-dot on top.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:17:30 PM EDT
Yea, I've never been a fan of the chin weld to use those things but it does get the job done. If you work at it, you can use the red dot to hit at 300+. I was just being finicky
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:21:54 AM EDT
Here's mine:

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:06:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Rhinox:
Originally Posted By scoutfsu99:

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii64/scb9900/Guns%20and%20stuff/DSC01905.jpg

Are you referring to the small red dot on top and the chin-weld?

I'm looking at the possibility of a 4x Acog with the mini-red-dot on top.

The dot works for quick draw type instant shots at very close quarters. If I have time to look
through it I have time to use ACOG. HTH

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:28:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 2:07:05 PM EDT by M4]
I have a TA33HG on my E4 and it's a perfect match. I'll post a picture when I get home.

It's a flawless combination for my uses.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:10:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2010 2:46:53 PM EDT by drcoffee]
After seeing the STG with the ACOG I had to buy one. I picked up a TA01 red crosshairs with BDC. After I take it to the Bullpup gathering this saturday and make sure it runs well, I'll pack it up and ship it out for refinishing at CCR. Personally, the graphics they offer in hydro dipping are just too photo realistic for me. Besides that, by the time I pay someone to water dip it $320, it will be less for a custom finish job. Duracoat "Underbrush" will be the pattern.

So as I look at this icture the rail seems too high. Who is selling the lower top rails?
Top Top