Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2002 3:14:09 PM EDT
I saw them advertised in the ShotgunNews and was wondering if anyone had any experience with them. I need one for my flat-top and am open to suggestions.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#1]
i like mine i have 2, also some pistol cases and a holster from them, see them at gunshows around here and you can get some good deals, there only a hour drive, so the hit most of the shows. Ronald
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of their cases and holsters look kind of cheesy, but their padded rifle cases are probably the best value around. I'm happy with mine and would buy from them again.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
If you need a 37" rifle case, that King Rifle Case that Kevin linked to is probably as good of a deal as you will find. This size case is good for 16" AR carbines with full size stocks, MAK-90s, etc.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 4:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Ace cases cost less, but there are reasons.
How much do you value your rifle?
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:08:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:21:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 5 Ace rifle cases they are well made and a very good buy. If you primary use for the case is travel and carry to and from shooting sites the Ace is the best value on the market. Unless you have some special need get the Ace you will not be disappointed and you will save a good deal of money.

I value my rifles as much as anybody should, I worked hard to pay for them. Unless you’re a silver spoon type get the Ace.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 5:54:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Got one for my preban M4 (which I value very much) and am very happy with it. I don't throw my rifles around like garbage, and if I ever forge a stream with my AR15 I doubt I will be packing it around in a case that will float.

For the money they're great, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I use mine to preven minor dings and scratches, not to prevent getting banged up if it falls off the roof of a tall building. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I have all my rifles in ACE cases.  Like ShamusMcoi said, I don't throw them around either.  They are just to take to and from the range.  When they are home, they are storeed away.  BUT I did see up close and personal one of the Eagle cases in 3 colered Desert Camo that looked really kewl.
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I have Two cases, a 46" and a 37". No complaints about either of them. They are by no means the best on the market but I think they were a good all around value. Oh, I also have one of their holsters with the extra mag pouch for my Beretta 92fs. It works for what I use it for but I don't (can't) carry here in KS.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks to all who replied. I guess they are good cases for what I would be using them for. I live in an area with numerous houses around and would like to avoid people knowing what I've got. Not for legal reasons, but I wouldn't want someone trying to steal it. I was also looking at the galleti cases and guess that it's a toss up between the two.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#12]
They are OK for hauling between your door and your car then between your car and a shooting bench. The strap is very thin and cheesy. It is so limp that it always bunches up around the nylon loops at the ends of the case. If they would just use quality webbing for the carry strap they'd be 2x better.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#13]
I've bought several items from them. Been very satisfied.
FWIW
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I've bought several items from them. Been very satisfied.
FWIW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top