Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2002 9:48:39 PM EDT
Okay, I know they are junk.... but I still have a question.

How is the barrel of the AB-10 installed on to the upper reciver?  Is it pressed in?  Any one know?

I saw a small pin hole near that 'lug' that holds it to the frame.  And the 4 'dents' on the top.  Is that a pressed in hold or is it some kind of twist lock?
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Sorry.

I believe they only made a few cosmetic and minor mechanical changes to the AB-10 (TEC-9).

My suggestion would be to do a search on the internet since IntraTec is out of business.

I have a friend who had major problems with his TEC clone (a Kimmel AP-9). He had an "Non-intentional discharge". To his credit he was following safe handling rules and had it pointed away from an people. It took out his sliding glass door though!!

FYI It wouldn't feed for anything, this time it did but wouldn't fire or eject. He had to take it home that way. He figured he'd have to work on it as he didn't want to ship it (still under warranty) in that condition. When he tried to get the bolt open, it fired - BANG!
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 11:14:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to add...

I TOLD him not to buy it!

He wouldn't listen, had to have it.

He wishes he had listened! After that incident, I think its STILL in its box.

He doesn't want to touch it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top