Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2015 8:38:57 PM EDT
Best 9mm host to use on a Tirant 9

Tilt barrels ? What impact does this have

I have a Tirant 9 that is in process , coming in with LH thread piston for my ( Sig P226 / Glock 19 - both factory threaded barrel models )

If there is a better option please elaborate and educate me - please

I can't wait - my first one shipped today to my FFL , who then has to submit my trust paperwork & transfer ( any time estimates )

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:51:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using a Sig SP2022...
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Glock 17 to give a little more grip area to compensate for the added weight hanging off the front of the pistol.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:53:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glock 17 to give a little more grip area to compensate for the added weight hanging off the front of the pistol.
View Quote

This.  Much more comfortable to shoot supressed vs a 19 IMO
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]
run my octane on my MK25. Never had any issues.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I will be using my pending Tirant 9 on a Glock 19.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Of my various suppressor 9mm hosts my Beretta 92FS is my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I will be using my pending Tirant 9 on a Glock 19. P226
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:00:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I use my TiRant 9 on my G19, Works great.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I voted Sig
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:24:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

And a glock 17 and a Nagant 1895 and a Beretta 92 and hopefully a P226 before summer
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Glock 34/35 (35 with 9mm conversion barrel)
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Should have my pending TiRant 9 stamp in a month or so. I have both a Sig MK25 and a M9 waiting, both with factory threaded barrels.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks y'all

I have been wanting one awhile and I purchased the Sig first , it the dark elite threaded barrel - pretty tall sights

Then a few months ago , I finally had it with my M&P 9c , sold it and walked into the LGS and walked out with a Glock 19 threaded with the tall  ameriglo sights

What is a Nielsen device and where does it go ?

I really like the beretta as well , but it is not a fixed barrel either

Will a fixed barrel really make much difference ?
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:44:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thanks y'all

I have been wanting one awhile and I purchased the Sig first , it the dark elite threaded barrel - pretty tall sights

Then a few months ago , I finally had it with my M&P 9c , sold it and walked into the LGS and walked out with a Glock 19 threaded with the tall  ameriglo sights

View Quote

The Nielsen device acts as a booster on Browning style barrels (1911, Glock, Sig, etc) to allow the pistol to cycle reliably with a can. It was invented by Mickey Finn of Qual-a-tec at the request of ST6 in the 80s.

Your Ti-Rant has one, if you want to put it on a Beretta replace the spring with a fixed bbl spacer

I run my Ti-Rant 45 on a Sig P229 in 9mm, Glock 19 in 9mm and USP 45Tactical and Sig Tac-Ops Carry in 45 ACP.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 1:06:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Ive got all of those hosts, but I wouldnt presume to tell you which host is best for you.  

If you like shooting 1911's, get one of those.  If youre a Sig guy, go that route.   Glock fans should buy Glocks.   Im a CZ fanboy, so I enjoy shooting them the most.  A host isnt worth a damn if it isnt a pistol you would normally enjoy shooting without a can.   I always prefer a larger host for suppressed pistol shooting, as it balances better and allows you to shoot more naturally.   Extra weight hanging off the pistol will cause you to apply pressure to the grip differently than how you normally would.  

Also, scratch the Walther off your list.   The PPQ Navy is an awesome gun, but jams up alot while suppressed.   You have to swap the striker spring and possibly the recoil spring just to get it to function with a suppressor mounted.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:41:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Since I don't see it on your list I'll go ahead and make a recommendation… HK USP 9 SD. I have one waiting for my Ti-Rant 9 to get out of jail. I was considering Sig but wanted to make a matching set with my USP .45 Tactical and Ti-Rant .45.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

You don't need any other host. Your bases are covered!

Also Nelson device is the part of the suppressor that holds a spring that your piston (threaded part that attaches to barrel) which allows the barrel to tilt after the round has left the suppressor to enable proper cycling of the host weapon.

Btw sig.226 will have less noise than the g19.
I'm not the only one who says that. Also I have that pistol and your sights don't "clear" the suppressor sadly. But they go flush with it.

226 dark elite threaded ftw!
Archive Thread with octane 9 on that gun. Tubes are ~ the same diameter to show what I was talking about.
Octane9 on sig 226 dark elite tb
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Nielsen device acts as a booster on Browning style barrels (1911, Glock, Sig, etc) to allow the pistol to cycle reliably with a can. It was invented by Mickey Finn of Qual-a-tec at the request of ST6 in the 80s.

Your Ti-Rant has one, if you want to put it on a Beretta replace the spring with a fixed bbl spacer

I run my Ti-Rant 45 on a Sig P229 in 9mm, Glock 19 in 9mm and USP 45Tactical and Sig Tac-Ops Carry in 45 ACP.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks y'all

Not to hijack this thread too much, but have you compared the .45 suppressor on the 9mm to a 9mm suppressor? I'm plotting my way into suppressors and don't know if I want to go the 7.62/.45ACP/.22LR route vs. the 5.56/9mm/.22LR route. I shoot 9mm MOST of the time and don't currently own a 7.62. Too many options!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This & P226
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not to hijack this thread too much, but have you compared the .45 suppressor on the 9mm to a 9mm suppressor? I'm plotting my way into suppressors and don't know if I want to go the 7.62/.45ACP/.22LR route vs. the 5.56/9mm/.22LR route. I shoot 9mm MOST of the time and don't currently own a 7.62. Too many options!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks y'all

If you have a 45 and want to shoot it suppressed, I would go with the 45 can.
The 9mm out of the Ti-Rant 45 sounds different than a 9mm out of a Ti-Rant 9.
Not sure if it's quieter, just a different kind of sound
I have 2 45 cans and a third one inbound and really see no reason to go for another can in 9mm unless I go with a Gem Tech Mossad or something similar for my Uzi.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:05:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Sig P226 Enhanced Elite with aftermarket OEM threaded barrel.

I also took my wife's new HK P30 with aftermarket OEM threaded barrel for a spin on my TiRant 9.  Nice host, but I like the Sig better.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 2:18:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Most quiet pistol host I've ever heard. Tried Beretta M9, Glock 17/19, Hk USP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really?
I have a g22 with a 9mm conversion.
Everyone tells me a sig P226 will be quieter
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?

Yup. The difference between the glock 19/17 and the 35 with the 9mm lone wolf conversion barrel was significant. Haven't tried the p226 yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top