Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2002 10:40:21 AM EDT
OK, I just got an A2 buttstock in from Bushmaster, and I have it mounted on my preban bushy.

No matter what I do, I can't seem to get it tight enough that there isn't some twisting or side to side play in it.  It seems like the buffer tube just isn't fat enough to completely fill the inside of the stock.

Any ideas on a fix?
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe 100 mile tape around the buffer tube to take up play?
Just a guess off the top of my head.

Nick
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, there should have come with it a small spacer that would fit on the end of the buffer tube, and the screw in the end of the buttstock goes into that and the buffer tube. Does this help at all??? I hope so.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yeah, there should have come with it a small spacer that would fit on the end of the buffer tube, and the screw in the end of the buttstock goes into that and the buffer tube.

I have that installed, but it would only take up front to back play.  My problem is side to side.

I might try the 100mph tape if I don't get any other answers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2002 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure you have the spacer in the right way?  The buttstock itself should fit into the recess at the back of the reciever.  That in itself should stop the side to side play when the screw is cinched down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top