Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 9:26:21 PM EDT
I want to change the A2 butt stock on my BM to A1 stock.  Question I have is, will I have to change the plunger tube to A1 type too (is there such thing as A1 buffer tube) or is it simple as just changing the stock?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#1]
You will also need an A1 upper screw. It's shorter than the A2 screw. The buffer tube is the same for the standard A1 and standard A2. The A2 has a spacer on the end of the buffer tube to make up for the increase in length. Remove the spacer, slide on the A1 stock and screw in the A1 screw.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Neither.  

The buffer tube is OK.  However, you MUST use a shorter buttstock screw since the original will extend too far into the buffer tube and will be struck by the buffer.  Either shorten your existing screw or get an A-1 screw.

No flame - you may already know this - but don’t let your take-down pin detent and spring wander off during the swap.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Sukebe:

Thanks.  
Now, anybody know where I can get the A1 upper screw?  I'm getting the stock but it doesn't come with the short screw
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I put together an A1 style with a Colt M16A1 upper and an RRA lower with used M16A1 furniture I got from Northridge. I shortened an A2 screw with my dremel. Cutting it down to about 1/2 inch of threads should be just about right. Otherwise I can't say where you can buy an A1 screw. Maybe at a gun show.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:58:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Sukebe & 199:

Thanks.  Looks like I'll have to go to next local gunshow for the screw (wow, its been about 3 or 4 years since I been to a gun show).
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:43:56 PM EDT
[#6]
yobo--shoot me an e-mail, I have an extra A1 stock screw you can have.

Colt-653
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Colt-653

You got mail
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top