Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2020 6:57:36 PM EDT
I’ve been drooling at the thought of night vision and I think I want thermal.  Is this a good idea?  Would be for possible coyote hunting and just for fun looking into the woods.  
Next, what’s out there in a moderate budget. I’m not cheap, but I’m not going to blow a fortune on one.   Also, I see many can record.
Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 7:17:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 10:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Define moderate
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 11:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#4]
NV is best for navigation, thermal for detection, and what you shoot with depends on need. For coyotes specifically, a thermal scanner and a thermal scope are hard to beat. The exception is if you have a huge concern over potentially shooting a fox or medium size farm dog. The bigger the issue of that possibility, the more you may want to look at NV. For me there is almost no issue or consequence of this took place, so I use thermal for both.

If you just want something to walk, hike, drive, etc then NV may be just what you are looking for.

This video is from my last coyote hunt. I shot 4 coyotes on one stand. I was scanning with thermal, and shooting with the new Super Hogster from Bering Optics. Night Goggles has these for sale and they are a great value for coyote hunting.

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#5]
What about the brand ATN?   I’ve seen their stuff is cheaper but are the any good?   I guess thermal would better suit me, maybe to a range of a couple hundred yards
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Get both?????
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top