Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2015 8:02:26 PM EDT
Got an email from buds. Only $400
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/89528/Citadel+CIR9M1S+M-1+Carbine+10%2B1+9mm+18%22?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=WeeklySpecials13Mar2015

Anyone have one?

How is the reliability? Also will it fit in a m1 carbine folding stock?

Details details :D

Heck I'm curious if I could modify a 1022 stock to fit. (Since this was done with m1 carbine stocks the other way around.)
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I think not hearing anything about them EVER, says quite a bit about them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at one when they first came out as I had lusted for one. Stood there with this thing in my hands begging me to take it home as I had waited months for them to be available. Once I held it and got to see first hand how it was built.....I handed it back and walked away. I have never regret ed leaving it at the shop...there is a reason they are on sale now....they can't get rid of them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I just said something about them....

One of the few 9mm carbines I have ever left on the counter and walked away from...that and the Taurus 9mm carbine.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

One of the few 9mm carbines I have ever left on the counter and walked away from...that and the Taurus 9mm carbine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha, Well, you didn't say anything good.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I handled one at Big 5 last week.  No likey.  The charging handle doesn't hold one side of a rotating bolt like a real M1 Carbine--it is actually more like an open-top slide that is on BOTH sides of the bolt.  The one I handled was binding up pretty badly just before returning to battery.  The only thing that could really be said about it is that it looked KINDA like an M1 from across the counter.

Rob
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#6]

That's disappointing. Seems like there could have been a good market for them.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Would rather have an M1 Carbine in 5.7x28

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:27:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Well.....there were some M-1 carbines made in 5.7 Johnson Spitfire. (5.7x33 or .22/.30).   Very rare. Some time back a private seller on Gun Broker actually sold one for $750 still unfired!   Steal!!

I could have bought one many years ago.....real collector item today. Seems I saw reloading dies for them at one time. Mr. Johnson was ahead of his time back in the 1960's when he designed this.

In the 1960's the M-1 Carbine was the AR-15 of its day. Lots of them on the market with many companies building them out of surplus parts.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:17:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Real shame they screwed the pooch on this one.

Almost like I'm better off grabbing a Marlin/Ruger Police Carbine and throwing some techsights on it.

Citidel could have put out a quality product, and filled the niche marlin/ruger discontinued
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't have the 9mm, but i do have the 22lr.
Its a piece of junk.  30-40% FTF, FTE.
I send back for warranty work and still does not work.
After a year, they said the warranty expired and I am on my own.
I still have it and will trade in for something else.  Poor next guy
The wood stock is nice, and thats about it.  Gun is mostly plastic.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you can find a decent PC9, get it.  They are reliable and built like tanks, you won't regret it even though the trigger could be much better.

The Marlin Camps are prettier, but far more fragile. (But I still don't plan to part with any of mine. )

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Real shame they screwed the pooch on this one.

Almost like I'm better off grabbing a Marlin/Ruger Police Carbine and throwing some techsights on it.

Citidel could have put out a quality product, and filled the niche marlin/ruger discontinued

If you can find a decent PC9, get it.  They are reliable and built like tanks, you won't regret it even though the trigger could be much better.

The Marlin Camps are prettier, but far more fragile. (But I still don't plan to part with any of mine. )

I have owned a couple of Marlin Camps. If you put the Black Jack buffer in them and the slightly heavier Wolff action spring they are very robust and reliable.  The Ruger PC9 is a Ruger...which is to say its built like a tank and may well last forever. Both are fine choices and VASTLY better than that Wanta-Be 9mm M-1 carbine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 10:53:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Many have fit the Camp with the heavier (21# ??)  Wolff spring and the blue buffer and shot the +P stuff in them without issue. However, I have never seen a good reason to shoot +p or +P+ ammo in every day use. That ammo was made for military sub-machine guns that were built for it. If you put the heavy springs in some blowback 9mm's they then don't like all "stock" ammo. I find a happy compromise is the "middle" spring Wolff makes. It seems to work just fine with all standard ammo including the ammo I normally shoot, mild loads.

While some just have to shoot the hottest loads they can find years of "the school of hard knocks" taught me that its not always a good idea to beat up the gun with hot loads just to shoot targets at the range. Normal power loads work just fine. In fact I reload and like many prefer to go with "medium" power loads. Easy on the gun, easy on the shooter and things last forever.  I do have personal defense loads for home security but prefer not to shoot much of that stuff for practical reasons. Test it to insure its reliable and then set it aside for "duty".

The M-1 9mm I held and examined was very plastic looking. It did not seem very well made at all. Considering that companies track record with the .22 they stuck people with I ran away from that rifle as fast as I could.

Also, remember Erma?  If  not, check out their history with M-1 looking rifles. (.22 and .22 Mag.) Once they were common but now.....
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:55:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Once again Arfcom delivers valuable intel. For those that posted about the citadel, thanks for saving me money.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top