Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2017 7:26:46 PM EDT
Gentlemen,
I shoot a suppressed S&W M&P 9mm, and I get reasonable results from American Eagle SUPPRESSOR 124 grain FMJ subsonics.
But I wasn't expecting James Bond movie silent, so I'm OK.

I know that the burn in the 16.5 inch X-95 barrel is going to be more complete, and it's bark a little louder with the suppressor than the pistol with the suppressor.
But I was just a little disappointed about how much louder it was wrt what I was hoping for.

So, what projectile weight range and/or bullet manufacturer would all ya'll recommend I order next.
Sure, I can order 5 boxes of everything in stock from anywhere I can find, but I'd rather narrow it down a little more than that right from the get-go.

ETA: I'm shooting through a Ti-Rant 9mm.

Thank you for any pointers.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#1]
PPU158g is very quiet as well at the 147g Freedom hush.

The PPU might be your ticket because its only going around 900fps out of a pistol.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
If you reload you can make the rounds almost Hollywood quiet.

+1 on the 147s. It's what I load with.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 1:10:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help.

Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot a lot of suppressed 9mm but not the tavor.  I like winchester 147 grain due to the fact you can get FMJ and Ranger T-Series that basically zeroes at the same POI so with my MP5 and other Aimpoints, I don't have to re-zero every time I shoot.  Models RA9T & RA9147FMJ
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Not on X95 but I have seven other 9mm guns (pistols and ar) I shoot suppressed. I found Freedom's 147gr to be quieter than Winchester. I can't afford Freedom's 165gr Hush all the time but it was the quietest that cycled my guns.

I currently load my own 147gr with 3.4g of Titegroup. It cycles everything and is quiet.

I have some 165gr bullets coming in. Going to experiment with 2.6g-3g of Titegroup.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 7:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got 6 boxes each of the Hush 147 and 165's ordered.
We'll see where that gets me.

I've got a Dillion 650, but so far I've only used it to decap about 50K 5.56 for tumbling in stainless steel.

I'd like to get into reloading 5.56. 300BLK and 9mm for my stuffs, but I recently  moved into a house half the size of the one I sold, and haven't found half my stuff yet in the last 5 months.
Link Posted: 3/26/2017 12:16:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Another reply to my own thread.
That 147/165 Hush was some great stuff.
Thanks for the advice.
I'm going to get another load of that stuff to tied me over 'til I start reloading.
I appreciate the tip on the reloads, too...  Gives me some place to start studying on.

ETA: I haven't gotten the 2 boxes of Winch I ordered yet, I'm assuming it's similar to the hush in an empty hayfield...

A tip 'o the hat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:03:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Already solved in here but yeah you need 147gr or heavier for subsonic.  Any 124 grain "subsonic" is just a box of squib loads at best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top