Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2002 7:41:48 PM EDT
i think someone should make a single shot ar upper like the 50 cal. but in an 8mm mauser very cheap ammo.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 7:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get a belt fed 8mm upper!  Now THAT would be fun to shoot!  
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard that belt fed upper requires FFL... that doesnt make sense if they want to build a bunch of parts that still requires FFL they might as well build a complete gun instead of requiring the yellow form on an upper... whoever selling this upper must be either insane or misguided.
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 9:48:37 PM EDT
[#3]
rahimiv, you must be talking about the $4,000 upper from www.brpguns.com/.  They do require an FFL for some reason.  As I understand it, they basically graft a MG-34 onto the AR lower.  The strange thing is that they say you can't use surplus ammo with their upper.  Only expensive new production ammo works, and they recommend S&B at about $0.50 per round.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose?  A 100 round belt would cost over $50 to fire!z
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:53:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The cheap 8mm won't last forever. I converted my semi 1919 to shoot it for about $200. Quite a bit cheaper than that $4000 upper ;)
I bought over six thousand rounds of it for right about .065 a round with sales tax.

Almost forgot, if you want a single shot 8mm just get a Mauser. They are everywhere and cheap too.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 10:05:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I like the idea but would rather see it in 7.62x51 or .30-06.
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Waldo's right,Cheap Mausers are everywhere, one can get a Turkish mauser in reasonably good shape for about $50.00 or so with shipping,and you'll have the base action for a killer custom rifle, after you wash the barrel out on all that surplus 8mm ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top