Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/20/2004 11:21:29 AM EST
I seen some 870 riot shotguns with police style stock and forearm and factory ext. for sale as used police trade-in's. They are marked 870 Magnum and not express or Police. Are any of you familiar with this and is it an Express or the better wingmaster/police model?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 1:11:16 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 2:02:19 PM EST
These are not nicket but blued. They are police trade-in guns. My question is are they the better wingmaster/ police receivers or Express receivers. They are marked 870 Magnum. I have only seen 870's marked as Express, Wingmaster and or Police.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:16:16 PM EST
These are probably older Police models.
As far as I know, the Express was always stamped with the "Express" name.

I seem to remember older Police models that were NOT stamped "Police", but WERE stamped "Magnum".

In any event, since these are police trade-ins, they will almost certainly be the better Police gun.

Several ways to tell:
The Express has a plastic trigger group, the Police Aluminum.

The Express has a rougher finish with more burrs, even around the loading area. The Police is smoother and there will be no burrs.

The Police will have a brighter, smoother bore then the Express. (This might be tough to see on a used Police gun, since they're usually dirty).

Generally speaking, even a well used and battered Police model will have a smoother, less burred and rough finish than a Express.

The Express has a rough, flat, dead black finish, the Police is a smoother blue job.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 3:18:38 PM EST
Top Top