Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/19/2016 11:20:43 PM EST
So I've noticed that out of all the aftermarket extension tubes out there, pretty much only the OEM Remington one comes with a bracket to support the extension tube to the barrel.

I've heard of reports of extention tubes w/o brackets shearing off by the operator accidentally banging the tube against something. After all, it is only secured in place by the thin mag tube threads.

I was wondering if anyone else thinks that this is a valid concern? I currently run an OEM one but I like the looks of the WC and Vang Comp extensions much better. However, only my OEM one utilizes a bracket.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 11:28:08 PM EST
Yes, it is a valid concern. It's called leverage. You're much more likely to bend the tube than you are to shear it off, but it still sucks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:04:04 AM EST
I have a WC on my 870P I really believe the barrel would be damaged by impact before the tube would. 
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:04:56 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 50-140:
I have a WC on my 870P I really believe the barrel would be damaged by impact before the tube would. 
View Quote

Wilson in Solid
Nordic is more solid
Over 1 rd extension, I'd use a support piece for peace of mind if nothing more.
gun will function either way..

oh

in before the "What do you need a shotgun for besides birds if you have an AR15" folks
Top Top