Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2005 8:26:29 AM EDT
Final got the thing, added all the stuff so far. Here is the problem the Manual on the back says 8 shots ,but I can only get 7 in the gun with chamber loaded. So if any body knows what is going on I would TY for the help.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a common misunderstanding, not helped by a couple of recent Remington mistakes on the manuals and in catalog listings.

A Remington shotgun with an 18" barrel holds a TOTAL of 7 rounds.  6 in the magazine, and 1 in the chamber.

A 20" barreled Remington holds a TOTAL or 8 rounds.  7 in the magazine, 1 in the chamber.

Using 3" Magnum shells reduces all totals by 1.

Installing different springs or magazine followers can also prevent loading a full load.

In your case, if you have a 20" gun and can only get 6 rounds of 2 3/4" shells in the magazine, and everything is factory stock, it's possible something is screwed up.
I'd contact Remington for advice.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:45:31 AM EDT
[#2]
OK found the problem check this out. Three of the shells in the pick are 2 3/4 the one on the left is three inch. The clear S&B load is the culprit. It measures three inches but the box and the shell says 2 3/4 inches.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking shotgun. That's weird about the S&B load. I've got a box of those in the car that I'm gonna' go check.

ETA: You are not alone.

WTF?

The right shell is a 2 /34" Win Super X, The center is a S&B 2 3/4", The left is a Win XX 3".

According to the tape...none of them are actually what they are labled to be. Hmmmmmm.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Dealers on Gun Broker have them listed as 8+1.  But, the box says 3 shot extension.  Who did you get you surefire through, I think I'm going to go through Calvan @ Bright flashlights.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Well the shell opens up to there size. Chamber length. If you have the forcing cones done on a barrel you can shoot larger loads like 3 inch out ofa 2 3 /4 chamber. My buddy showed me this one day with his Browning sporting Over and under. No I will not try it my self .Yes Brightflashlights hooked me up with it the FA918.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#6]
M4_Tuna,

Is that an 18" or 20" barrel on your shotgun?

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Screw the shotgun and the ammo, I WANT THE CAT.

Reminds me of my cat Spike.  Weighted in at over 25 pounds and he WASN'T the biggest one I had.

Shotshell measurements are of FIRED shells.  A 3" shell will be shorter when loaded, but 3" after firing.
(These measurement seem to vary from maker to maker , especially foreign makers).
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:44:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Reminds me of my cat Spike.  Weighted in at over 25 pounds and he WASN'T the biggest one I had.

Shotshell measurements are of FIRED shells.  A 3" shell will be shorter when loaded, but 3" after firing.
(These measurement seem to vary from maker to maker , especially foreign makers).

Is it obvious that I'm not much of a shotgun guy?

Thanks for clearing that little tidbit up!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:26:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
M4_Tuna,

Is that an 18" or 20" barrel on your shotgun?

Regards,
Gary

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:30:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I am wandering will that ammo be ok in 2 3/4 inch chambers becuase when the round opens up it going to be three inches.  I think it is S&B OC  I found one round without the felt wad in it. Well it will not be a problem my chamber is three inches, I am good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top