Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/27/2003 3:02:25 AM EST
On American Shooter last year they said Remington came out with this but have not seen it for sale anywhere. Any help out there?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:19:09 AM EST
I think this page is has what you are reffering to, but Remington, in all its PC wisdom, is calling it a "youth stock". Scroll down a little bit on this page: www.remington.com/accessories/factory_parts/factprtacc.htm

Black Synthetic Youth Stock and Fore-End – For factory fit and reliability, this youth version replacement stock fits all 12 gauge Model 870 shotguns. Both stock and fore-end are constructed of a sturdy, weather resistant, black synthetic material and the stock features a recoil-absorbing pad and one inch shorter length of pull. Convert any 12 gauge Model 870 to a youth model or update your older youth version with this handy synthetic stock and fore-end.

• Model 700 ADL Long Action
• Model 700 BDL Long Action
• Model 700 BDL Long Action Magnum
• Model Seven
• Model 870 Synthetic/Camo Stock & Fore-End (12-gauge only)
• Model 1100 & 11-87 Synthetic/Camo Stock & Fore-end (12-gauge only)

I would love to know who is selling them. Anyone?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:48:33 AM EST
I bought one direct from Remington, $60.00 for the stock only. Cabelas had the sets of forearm and stock for $60.00 but were out of black at the time, had cammo only. But these are regular stocks, not protruding pistol grip. MIKE.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:24:42 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/27/2003 6:26:57 AM EST by Zoub]
I never saw that stock, and if they did make it, Remington probably only sells it to LE.

I use a Choate pistol grip stock for an 870 which has an adjustable LOP. You add or remove spacers. I have had mine a long time but I think they still make it. I really like it. I am 5'10", not tall, not short. In general, I like the shorter stock with a heavier gun. It gets hard on the elbow holding a heavy gun if your arm is extended to far forward.

As I recall, I ordered mine on the web, from Ultimate Weapon Systems. UWS.com

Another option is the adapter the guy at cav arms is selling and then use an AR CAR stock. But that setup probably costs 4x more than a choate or speedfeed stock
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:12:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/27/2003 7:15:10 AM EST by infantryman]
Thanks Zoub. The Choate is the next option. (I guess the other responders can't read real well. I asked about a PISTOL GRIP stock. I can't stand people who post just to see their name up on the board. My post totals are low because I only post when I have something worthwhile to add.)
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:19:39 PM EST
You could try the Speedfeed Tac IV S( I think). It is a pistol grip stock with a reduced length of pull.
Top Top