Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2003 3:50:31 PM EST
Several times now, I've heard or read that "flex tabs" or something to that effect are a recommended modification to older 870's for feeding reliability. What are they, can the mod be done (if indeed there is such a mod) by the average owner or is it a gunsmith item? I'm probably a lot more mechanically able than the "average owner", FWIW.

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:41:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 5/14/2003 6:44:39 PM EST by felot]
Its the tab were you load your shells at the old ones don't have a U shaped cut in them. Yes it is very easy to install if you have ever taken apart your trigger assembly.

Its part #7 that your talking about.I think they sell it with the other parts attached because they are riveted to the tab.I hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:38:00 PM EST
The Flexi-Tab system also includes a bolt that is cut out on the bottom to make clearing double-feed jams much easier.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 9:45:11 PM EST
Right EPD1102, the bolt has to modified. Its a very simple job IF you have a milling machine and carbide cutters.

Gus, most gunsmiths should be able to do this for you. If you can't find someone, give me a shout.

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 1:37:37 AM EST
yeah you have to have both parts for it to work..don't just put the flex tab shell carrier in by itself...

Check out ebay under "gun parts" in the search engine.. sometimes people are selling the parts otherwise its some $$$$ from Remington....

Or you could try Brownells....
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 2:04:43 AM EST
Checked out my 2 870's last night - the newer one (Express HD 1996 vintage) has the u-shaped "cut" or "impression" in the shell carrier, while my 1960's Wingmaster does not. I'll leave it that way since it's only used for hunting or clay birds.

Thanks for the info guys! Looks like I'm good to go.
Top Top