Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 1:36:49 PM EDT
Gentlemen,

I picked up a used 870 Police Magnum that came with a Tac Star side saddle.  I want to run it without the side saddle.  It is my understanding that the Police models had the allen head screw takedown pins.  Are the pins I have part of the Tac Star side saddle?  Do I need to track down all new pins, or just some type of nuts for the ones I have?  All I am finding at Brownells and Midway are the Express style push pins.  Any sources?  Thanks.

Pics of what I currently have:

Threads are exposed

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are the Sidesaddle screws/pins. I would just run standard pins in it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Gentlemen,

I picked up a used 870 Police Magnum that came with a Tac Star side saddle.  I want to run it without the side saddle.  It is my understanding that the Police models had the allen head screw takedown pins.  Are the pins I have part of the Tac Star side saddle?  Do I need to track down all new pins, or just some type of nuts for the ones I have?  All I am finding at Brownells and Midway are the Express style push pins.  Any sources?  Thanks.

Pics of what I currently have:

Threads are exposed
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5559/870t.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/9697/8702h.jpg

That type of pin is what the factory uses on all models of 870 (that do not have a side saddle)

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Police guns have the standard push style pins, at least every factory gun I've seen.  The screw type pins are more tacticool than useful, and would then require tools for disassembly, for an otherwise toolless gun.  I've owned an 870 for 24 years, and have never seen a pin move.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
All 870's are made from the exact same parts except for about two small ones, the extractor and the carrier dog follower spring. Your Police has the exact same parts as the Wingmaster or the Express.  So it being a P model is does not matter when you are asking for most any part.  You simply need a forward trigger plate pin and a rear trigger plate pin.  They are part numbers F20601 and F20606 and sell for $3.20 each from Remington.  You need one of each, they are the same parts for all 16 and 12ga Remington Shotguns.  Call 800-243-9700 to order.

If you want anti walking pins then check out www.mesatactical.com for theirs but these are not needed, just some people want them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you all for clearing that up for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top