Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 3:48:24 AM EDT
I'm still learning about this great rifle the AR15.  If I have a AR in .223 caliber all I have to do to is to buy a 7.62x39 complete upper and switch them...nothing else need be do?
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:59:20 AM EDT
[#1]

That's it. The hard part is finding mags. The ones that work best are (believe it or not) USA 30 rnd AK-AR frankenmags.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Been there done that--the only good thing i recall about it is that i traded the upper and mags for an FAL-----you cannot bet the farm that they will work everytime--so that's enough for me................Dick
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Been there done that--the only good thing i recall about it is that i traded the upper and mags for an FAL-----you cannot bet the farm that they will work everytime--so that's enough for me................Dick[/quote
The ones I sell work all the time.  I've had no complants.  Forrest has good 20 mags for $20 or so.  The USA mags work too.
  GI mags work just load 5 or 6 rnds
BJS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top