Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2002 12:33:49 PM EDT
Made you look. I have no clue. I am just trolling for opinions in my search for cheap big bore. What think you of the Mosin-Nagant for long range affordable shootery?

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The 7.62x54 Russian seems to be right inbetween a .308 and 30-06. The advantage over the 7.62 NATO is that you can shoot much heavier bullets, 190-220grain at about 100fps short of  a 30-06. Sounds like a good long range shooter to me. I've never shot a Mosin-Nagant, but I've heard that they kick a little more than hunting type bolt actions like a Rem 700.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't SOG or Century Arms or somebody like that sell Mauser reworks in .308?  I recall them as pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Made you look. I have no clue. I am just trolling for opinions in my search for cheap big bore. What think you of the Mosin-Nagant for long range affordable shootery?

Tricked again !
But that's alright as I have no clue about the Mosin-Nagant.

Me, me - not necessarily you.  I'd be checking Wal-Mart for something new in .308 and I'd be checking my local shops for used within price parameters.
I would rather have a good used .308 selling for $350.00 now and costing $600.00 when new rather than a new $350.00 rifle.
But that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
This is kinda OT but anyway how does the the M-60 stack up against the Russian PKM?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top