Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2009 7:56:49 PM EST
Anybody get their hands on one of these yet? I Just saw an ad at SOG for them...... pretty cool looking critter.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 8:24:49 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 8:27:26 PM EST
J&G SALES has them too. Looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 9:53:48 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2009 9:58:34 PM EST by GLHX2112]
My next question, since it is late, and my brain is just about fried for the night, is: Are the magazines modified for 7.65X25, or would reg Sterling mags work ? I'm really trying to find reasons to shoot this idea down and save my wallet from more pain.

Update: JG has more info on pistol, guess they take modified Sten mags. That was going to be my next question, I remember being told you could use Sten mags in a Sterling, but not other way around. I have a few Sten
mags laying around. I wonder how extreme the modification is?
Link Posted: 10/21/2009 10:33:40 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/21/2009 10:36:40 PM EST by jdb3]
Originally Posted By GLHX2112:
My next question, since it is late, and my brain is just about fried for the night, is: Are the magazines modified for 7.65X25, or would reg Sterling mags work ? I'm really trying to find reasons to shoot this idea down and save my wallet from more pain.

Update: JG has more info on pistol, guess they take modified Sten mags. That was going to be my next question, I remember being told you could use Sten mags in a Sterling, but not other way around. I have a few Sten

Not sure what mods, if any, have to be done for the 7.62 conversion. Unmodified Sten mags will work in a Sterling.

Richard Hamer (from Wise Lite) is a member or sponsor at many gun forums. He is on uzitalk and weapons guild quite often.

ETA: link from uzitalk. http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48396

Link Posted: 10/22/2009 5:40:45 AM EST
9mm works in CZ-52 mags, you just might need to tweak the feed lips a bit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 5:52:27 AM EST
My Sten project has been on the back burner for three years now, and may very well never get completed. But, I have a box or two of magazines.
That's why I was wondering whether or not these Sterling pistols would work with the sten mags that I have, using 7.65X25... I have no experience
with that caliber, and was not clear on how things would go stuffing 7.65 in an unmodified/uncut Sten mag. I realize the magazines pictured are short
which makes sense, but, extra magazine availability would be a concern for me. Sten mags are or were still pretty pleantiful, so the idea of cutting or
making them shorter (The mags I currently have) doesn't bother me too much.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 6:23:32 AM EST
must.... have.....

Link Posted: 10/22/2009 8:15:48 AM EST
Do they make a rifle version in 7.62x25? m5whore
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 8:22:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2009 8:30:48 AM EST by jdb3]
My Sten project has been on the back burner for three years now, and may very well never get completed. But, I have a box or two of magazines.
That's why I was wondering whether or not these Sterling pistols would work with the sten mags that I have, using 7.65X25... I have no experience
with that caliber, and was not clear on how things would go stuffing 7.65 in an unmodified/uncut Sten mag. I realize the magazines pictured are short
which makes sense, but, extra magazine availability would be a concern for me. Sten mags are or were still pretty pleantiful, so the idea of cutting or

You should check out the weapons guild forum. Lots of info for building Stens and many other weapons. Lots of members offer services to help complete your project. Just good helpful people. You have to log in to view most sections of the site ( completely free ).

Link Posted: 10/22/2009 8:27:51 AM EST
DO WANT!
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 10:55:58 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/22/2009 11:54:34 AM EST by GLHX2112]
Originally Posted By jdb3:

You should check out the weapons guild forum. Lots of info for building Stens and many other weapons. Lots of members offer services to help complete your project. Just good helpful people. You have to log in to view most sections of the site ( completely free ).

hehe, I forgot I was a member there, hahah. Last log in was 10 Oct 08. oops.

Oh man, now I guess I need to see about kick-starting the sten project.
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 1:37:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By jdb3:

Not sure what mods, if any, have to be done for the 7.62 conversion. Unmodified Sten mags will work in a Sterling.

Richard Hamer (from Wise Lite) is a member or sponsor at many gun forums. He is on uzitalk and weapons guild quite often.

ETA: link from uzitalk. http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48396

The ribs on the back of the STEN magazines which come with the Sterling/Tokarev pistols are cut out to about 3" from the bottom and then a flat piece of steel is welded in its place. Then "7.62x25 ONLY" is stenciled on the back of the mag.

Link Posted: 10/22/2009 3:02:36 PM EST
Must....resist....making an SBR...... cant afford.....
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 4:14:27 PM EST
That looks like a lot of fun
Link Posted: 10/22/2009 5:26:44 PM EST
whew... so far I have not hit the "add to cart" button.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 5:57:19 AM EST
That looks like a really cool gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 8:17:28 AM EST
Ugh, folding stock is easy to get a hold of, and so far, I see no issues with installing... other than my wallet screaming at me for even considering this, and another Form 1.........
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 12:48:25 PM EST
Ugh, folding stock is easy to get a hold of, and so far, I see no issues with installing... other than my wallet screaming at me for even considering this, and another Form 1.........

Your issue with installing is going to be that the tube is shorter behind the grip than a standard sterling, meaning that the stock engagement lugs on the stock will be too far away from teh rear end cap. You would also need a new endcap, and possibly the underside locking hardware bits.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 2:44:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By Dawg180:

Your issue with installing is going to be that the tube is shorter behind the grip than a standard sterling, meaning that the stock engagement lugs on the stock will be too far away from teh rear end cap. You would also need a new endcap, and possibly the underside locking hardware bits.

Thanks for clearing that up, I haven't had my hands on a real Sterling since the late 80's, and looking and comparing pics wasn't really helping me figure that one out. I was hoping somebody with more knowledge
would speak up and settle the stock question. THX!
Link Posted: 10/23/2009 8:58:10 PM EST

Thanks for clearing that up, I haven't had my hands on a real Sterling since the late 80's, and looking and comparing pics wasn't really helping me figure that one out. I was hoping somebody with more knowledge

I have not held one of the pistols in my hands, but the cap definitely would need to be swapped and the tueb definitely looks shorter behind the grip.

You could probably weld up some new studs on the folding stock to make it work witht he shortened tube, but honestly at that poitn it might be better to just SBR one of their 16" 9mm Sterling semi carbines.

Link Posted: 10/23/2009 10:54:17 PM EST

I have not held one of the pistols in my hands, but the cap definitely would need to be swapped and the tueb definitely looks shorter behind the grip.

You could probably weld up some new studs on the folding stock to make it work witht he shortened tube, but honestly at that poitn it might be better to just SBR one of their 16" 9mm Sterling semi carbines.

Yep, I'm looking at my Sterling right now and the distance between the pivot tube and cap is definitely longer than with this pistol.

JMO but if I want a 7.62x25 pistol, I'll get a gun that was designed to shoot that round (PPSH-43 pistols). This thing is an abortion, uses bubba mags of unknown quality and limited quantity, and a sacrilege to Sterlings.
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 11:15:26 PM EST
We have manufactured the Colefire pistol in 9MM.
Century only ordered a production run of the Colefire Magnum in 7.62X25. Those are the guns you see being sold thru J&G and SOG.

Sometimes we have the 9MM pistols in stock at the works, but the best way to get the 9MM version is to send us a Sterling kit for manufacture into a pistol.
Instructions are located on the Wise Lite Arms web site.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

SALES: sales@wlarms.com
INFORMATION: info@wlarms.com
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:36:41 AM EST
Originally Posted By WiseLiteArms:
Century only ordered a production run of the Colefire Magnum in 7.62X25. Those are the guns you see being sold thru J&G and SOG.

Sometimes we have the 9MM pistols in stock at the works, but the best way to get the 9MM version is to send us a Sterling kit for manufacture into a pistol.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

I was looking into that on your website a few days back and could not find any kits for sale at the link you guys provided. Is there a news letter or way we can get on a waiting list for one of the 9mm versions?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 11:55:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2009 12:12:31 PM EST by GLHX2112]

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

Dear Wise lite- Not sure about how many Sterling kits are floating around out there, but.... STEN KITS, HOLY FREAKING SHIT THERE ARE A LOT OF POTENTIAL WIN OUT THERE... HINT HINT HINT...
yes, this is my fist ever over-use of all caps. I'm that serious.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:28:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By Gelgoog:

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

I was looking into that on your website a few days back and could not find any kits for sale at the link you guys provided. Is there a news letter or way we can get on a waiting list for one of the 9mm versions?

If you go to the Partners/Retailers page on our web site and go to APEX Gun Parts, then go to their "Parts kits" section, you will find L2A3 Sterling kits.
https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/51/products_id/876

About "waiting lists". My Office Manager has told me "no way" after several tries at this just made customers mad.
We are way too thin on staff as it is for the workload. The bulk of our folks are Weapons Techs.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 12:37:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/1/2009 12:38:35 PM EST by WiseLiteArms]

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

Dear Wise lite- Not sure about how many Sterling kits are floating around out there, but.... STEN KITS, HOLY FREAKING SHIT THERE ARE A LOT OF POTENTIAL WIN OUT THERE... HINT HINT HINT...

All projects cost money/manpower/time. From concept thru BATFE FTB approval months will pass. Without a serious production order to drive the effort we just can't justify expending our limited resources. So for now enjoy our Sterling's and variations.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:20:50 PM EST

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

All projects cost money/manpower/time. From concept thru BATFE FTB approval months will pass. Without a serious production order to drive the effort we just can't justify expending our limited resources. So for now enjoy our Sterling's and variations.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

Yeah, I know how the process works.... I just happen to be partial to Stens.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:34:47 PM EST

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

Yeah, I know how the process works.... I just happen to be partial to Stens.

I too like STEN's, since I collect "British Commonwealth" firearms. It was very good news when we started the Sterling project, same with the BREN's.
I do hope there will be STEN's sometime in the future. Right now It is tough to say what we will be making or what will be allowed into the country to become part sets.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer

Wise Lite Arms

Top Top