Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2017 11:13:44 PM EDT
Saw this in a background pic at a local commercial furniture company.  Went in found out it's locked open and been sitting around a long while.  I asked if they'd sell it locked open, put in an offer of $150.  Hers back the owning company went for the offer.  Now I'm a head brewer for a 6000bbl/yr brewery and had left my card with the company. They informed me the offer was accepted and that they'd be more interested in beer.  So I bartered for 5 cases to pick the safe up with our work truck next week. Local safe tech quoted me about $120 to retrieve the combo, and he might be able to make a key for another $150-200, they key is an uncertainty though.

It's not huge but I have a baby coming and the misses wanted the guns secured.  I refused to just get an $800 sheet metal firebox at Bass pro though.

Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:21:25 AM EDT
[#1]
think you did good .

down here that would go for $300 to $500

i looked at 2 of the same mold. last week but someone took them as a set and beat my offer my doing so.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:54:17 AM EDT
[#2]
take the back of the door off, and rotate the dial till the pawls are alined and drop in the slots. You will see and save the $. I did this with a Old S&G. 
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:53:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
take the back of the door off, and rotate the dial till the pawls are alined and drop in the slots. You will see and save the $. I did this with a Old S&G. 
View Quote

Thanks for the advice.  I was going to check it out actually.  I figured it had to be easy as hell if a tech was only going to charge $50 plus a service call fee.  The few Lord safes I found online were in Australia at used safe companies and going for $3000 AUD which is about $2300USD.  I found this based on my measurements I think I have a Lord 205 safe.  So I'm getting a small TL30 and it weighing 1700lbs makes sense why I couldn't get it to budge even a cunt hair when I pulled and pushed on the safe.  Thank god the work truck has a lift gate.

http://www.empiresafe.com/uploads/0000/0238/Lord20SeriesTL-30.pdf
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a similar size safe to keep my kids out of my daily carry guns. Worked out well and it's tall enough to fit carbines in.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a nice safe.  You did well. 
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I was able to figure out the combo by watching a quick video online about how the lock operates.  It all made sense when I saw the computer aided tutorial.  The company I traded beer to lended me their safe moving roller jacks.  That made getting it and dropping it at my house very easy.  Now to put some kind of interior in there.  It's tall enough for my bolt guns, but with out shelves I need to build some minor cabinetry.  It's a heavy pig at 1700lbs for this "little" thing but I can't complain for it costing me only $89.50 to barter 5 cases of beer for the safe.  I'm dropping off a little more beer on Thursday after we finish a bottling run as an extra "thank you" for the use of the special dolly.

Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice Job!
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Also wanted to add.  The key lock doesn't appear to be hooked up to the dial locking mechanism at all.  So maybe it was ordered and never hooked up really.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top