Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 12:14:17 PM EDT
What happen to this rilfe? can we get some new news on it please RA?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
the AR57 pilot run starts next week or as soon as we can get a bunch of R22 bolts off the machine. Making a bunch for anyone with a Gen2 R22 and having trouble with the 10/22 bolt.

Testing is done, upgrades are done. This rifle is going straight to trials with LEOs and others as soon as we can make enough for them.

Hopefully I will have pics of the pilot run.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 4:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Rhineland Arms,
    Any time estimate as to when the AR-57 will be available to the general public?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Rhineland Arms,
    Any time estimate as to when the AR-57 will be available to the general public?

+1 i want one
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:58:14 PM EDT
[#4]
i am gonna go ahead and assume yall won't be makin a kali compliant model!..............?
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 10:28:21 PM EDT
[#5]
DUDE!  Only $550.  Screw that FN POS-90.  If it runs good, this thing will kick ass!

Idea:  Make a short one for SBR/pistol applications...  Never mind.  Wouldn't work too good in a pistol application.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#6]
woot!!

i am so ready for this!!!!
my fn fivesenve kicks so much ass i want a rifle so bad!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 11:03:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Are you going to make the AR57 full auto capable for those of use with RR's
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 1:48:51 PM EDT
[#8]
We will only ship them as semi only, that is our specialty.

We have another company that specializes in FA and other goodies, they will handle the FA and SBRs. As soon as they are ready to go we will post there contact info.

We have had a lot of input from those who have seen it that they would like a rimfire version of this but I have not yet figured that one out. We would have to ditch the top mag but everthing else is good to go.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:34:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Rhineland,
    I know there are people who don't like ProMag but the fact is that they are building hi-cap mags for the 22 magnum and the 17 HMR. One mag design is a 25 round mag and the other one is a 50 round drum.  ProMag is building the drums for 22lr, 22 magnum and, I hope, for the 17 HMR.

The 22 magnum drum is on the right!

It would be great if you could get the R22 to run 100% on the 22lr drum and maybe build a 22 magnum/17 HMR rifle that could operate useing either the 25 round mag or the 50 round drum! I want the AR-57 upper but the ammo is still expensive with no real change in sight. I figured a good alternative would be a 22 magnum or 17 HMR. They could use the Ruger mags, the 25 round mags or the 50 round drums. At this point in time the 22 magnum ammo is less than half the cost of the FN ammo.

Any thoughts on this?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, we have been aware of Promags. We have seen the magnum mags over a year ago. The only problem with the magnums is that I consider that round to be the most difficult round of all to work with. The long skiny case deforms easily and the rim thickness to length is out of portion to what is easy to work with.

Those drum mags are the first time I have seen them. They look neat. The 3gen r22 production is finished and will be out there very soon. It should work perfect with those, maybe a magwell mod at most.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:29:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Rhineland,
    I think (personally) that the 22lr drum mag would be a blast to have and especially on the R22. Have you thought at all about the 25 round single stack mags that ProMag will be making in 22 magnum and 17 HMR? They are a lot less expensive but they're not out yet either so I don't know of any public tests that might have been done with them.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top