Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/31/2006 4:38:11 AM EDT
I got a few 5.11 shirts....These are the cotton canvas ones...Most of the 5.11 stuff I have had before was really well designed. Wash and wear to me is part of being well designed...Do you really have to put an iron to these each time or is there a trick to this?

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:45:52 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I got a few 5.11 shirts....These are the cotton canvas ones...Most of the 5.11 stuff I have had before was really well designed. Wash and wear to me is part of being well designed...Do you really have to put an iron to these each time or is there a trick to this?

get a wife or dedicated gf  

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a wife...She's defective too....
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If you take them out of the dryer AS SOON as they are dry and hang them up they don't look as bad.  If you are drying a ton of crap, that doesn't help.  I've gotten by on doing that a few times when I didn't have time to iron them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:34:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Do the shirts have white meshing or black?  Our uniform shirts (well, mine anyway) had 2 different styles.  I called 5.11 and found out that the newer shirts use the black mesh for the darker shirts and have had other upgrades made.  The newer ones collar holds up ALOT better than the old ones.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you take them out of the dryer AS SOON as they are dry and hang them up they don't look as bad.  If you are drying a ton of crap, that doesn't help.  I've gotten by on doing that a few times when I didn't have time to iron them.

I learned that this is by far the easiest fix.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:49:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I learned that this is by far the easiest fix.

+1.

Kind of a Duh, deal.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Do the shirts have white meshing or black?  Our uniform shirts (well, mine anyway) had 2 different styles.  I called 5.11 and found out that the newer shirts use the black mesh for the darker shirts and have had other upgrades made.  The newer ones collar holds up ALOT better than the old ones.  

Mine all have white.  Sage, OD, and khaki.  I haven't had to replace them yet, so they might be old.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#8]
WTF?

You don't have the new 5.11 series TACTICAL 120VAC Iron?

Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:11:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
WTF?

You don't have the new 5.11 series TACTICAL 120VAC Iron?

www.511tactical.com/511Images/WebImages/Header/5.11Header_Logo.gif
images.lowes.com/general/i/iron_1.jpg

Funny. Just surprised me. In addition to being good quality and rugged, all the 5.11 stuff I have bought prior to these seems well thought out. This just seems to be an oversight...We all know that Jack bauer doen't have the time to Iron.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:28:24 PM EDT
[#10]

AR15.com is too much sometimes.
To quote Bama-shooter - "too funny"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top