Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 8:34:50 AM EDT
I'm getting really excited about my gun coming back so I decided it's time to buy a scope (I'd been using a red dot to this point).  I found what seems to be a decent scope at a decent price (Barska 6-24x50, $65) and am wondering what sort of rings I would need to fit this thing on the R22, "high" or "extra high".

Anyone know or have an idea?  Unfortunately I don't have any specs on the rings other than that they are "high" or "extra high".
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#1]
That's a good question. I have a 40mm objective on mine, and the rings it gave me are just a little too low to be just right: the elastic scope cover on the front doesn't go over, there's not enough room between the rail and the objective end of the scope. My rings may be "medium," not sure. I'd suggest just take your rifle with you to a gun show and get the scope & rings together from the same guy, and he should let you install it right there to make sure it'll fit before you have to lay down cash for it, cause after all if it doesn't fit you have no need to buy it.

ETA: What part of CA are you in? Reno show is coming up in just under 4 weeks, there will be a zillion scopes there. Also there's one in Vallejo today and I think also the Cow Palace in Daly City, I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Closest for me would've been the SHOT Show this weekend but I didn't even think of going, besides today was my girlfriend's son's birthday so we just came home from that party...

I think I may just buy high and extra high ones from Wal-mart for a 1" scope and return whichever doesn't work.  That'd probably be the easiest.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I went ahead and ordered a slightly different scope, still a Barska, but a 6.5-20x50, found it with a sunshade, lens covers, and rings in a combo package that ended up as $60 shipped.  Good or bad it'll be something to play around with and even if the rings don't fit this package was cheaper than anywhere else that sold the scope just by itself.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Anything to report yet on how it turned out?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Scope will be here next Weds according to tracking info, and the gun still hasn't shown up at my dealer (or more accurately I've asked my dealer if it's shown up yet and he hasn't responded - I'm going to head over there after work and see what's up).
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's the scope I purchased, came in today.  The sunshade and rings came free (I think I previously mentioned).  I also got two sets of covers - a flip up set and the bikini set in the pic...I'll probably stick with the bikini set as it won't get it the way as I zoom or focus like the flip up one would.

Looking at it I think I may need to get a higher set of rings...Won't know for sure till I get the rifle back but it looks like it'll be really really close with these rings.

Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 40mm on Highs and it only barely works--in fact I think the bell might actually be touching the rail. You're going to need AT LEAST Extra High, if not an AR15 adapter block--and then you'e going to find out, like the guy in the Shotgun News story did, that the scope is now TOO high and you've destroyed the gun's delightful cheek weld. I should have posted earlier and talked you out of a 50mm, which you really don't need for a .22. Sorry I missed the chance.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:45:03 PM EDT
[#8]
i have a 56mm on my r 10/22  

i have weaver extra high mounts

heres a pic the scope has maybe 1/8 " clearence from the barrel

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e129/Glockster19/myguns001.jpg
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Glockster19-

As an FYI, when we are talking about the R22, we are talking about hte Rhineland Arms R22 rifle, not the Ruger 10/22.

Just thought I'd clear that up for ya, as you seemed to possibly be a little confused.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top