Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2002 8:04:58 AM EDT
Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf

Does anyone know about this weapon...I went to the site but you have to be a dealer to even get a price..The Gang at Blackwater tested it out. http://www.gunblast.com/50Beowulf.htm

How the hell you make a link work
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Alexander Arms .50 Beowulf

Does anyone know about this weapon...I went to the site but you have to be a dealer to even get a price..The Gang at Blackwater tested it out. http://www.gunblast.com/50Beowulf.htm

How the hell you make a link work

Gun Blast Link!!!

Go to the board code, 2nd one up from the bottom
the rest is self explained.

hope this helps
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, Leitner-Wise Rifle Co. makes virtually the same thing, except they call it .499 instead of .50.  It's the LW-499 or something like that.  It'll shoot the .50 Beowulf round.

www.leitner-wise.com

According to the company, the Marines and Coast Guard are currently testing it for specialized use.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:50:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's the one I want.

server50.hypermart.net/50bmg/001.htm
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 11:17:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't think a AR15 lower could take the pounding of a True 50cal. This is no slam to Ferret or anyone else. I think that a bullet like the .50 Beowulf might be able to be used on a AR15 lower. I am really not sure, but I think it would develop less pressure than a full bottle necked brass.

It just amazes me that every time you think they cant do something to an AR they prove you wrong. I would love to try one of these things. My shoulder is still killing me from Frank Squid's 50 at the Long Island shoot.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I shot one at the BRC (.50 BEO), ordered one at the BRC, sent Alexanderarms an e-mail saying I wanted to pay for it, and never got a reply...
Too bad. Already spent the money I had set aside for it...
I guess i'll have to wait until next year to get one.

Anyway, the recoil like a 20ga shotgun, and yes.
They are a riot.
I'm not too recoil sensative, so it didn't phase me a bit.
I could see where a round like that would have some serious usage.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
FWIW, Leitner-Wise Rifle Co. makes virtually the same thing, except they call it .499 instead of .50.  

Smart move.
Insulates the rifle from any anti-50 Cal. legislation.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FWIW, Leitner-Wise Rifle Co. makes virtually the same thing, except they call it .499 instead of .50.  It's the LW-499 or something like that.  It'll shoot the .50 Beowulf round.

www.leitner-wise.com

According to the company, the Marines and Coast Guard are currently testing it for specialized use.  

The web site lists TBA (To Be Announced) on all prices.  Are they in fact selling them?  The .499 looks like an interesting rifle.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
What pisses me off is they have articles for all of us to read. But then refuse to Quote a price.Unless your an FFL or LEO. Who the hell do they think would buy the first one or 6. The guy like me who gives ideas to the Boys who spend the money.

I am tired of this BS..Your gun is so good that the price is secret or is it you don't want the public to know so the dealer could dictate the supply and demand...Could you say 125% mark-up.

Sorry for my attitude but I hate playing these games..Like their weapons are served on a silver platter.....YEA RIGHT.  One of my friends died today and another one is in bad shape. Forgive me taking my actions out in some of these posts...I just cant sleep or cry anymore
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top