Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 5:28:38 AM EDT
Does any one make a 45 ACP upper that will fit on a standard hole lower?  One other thing that would be nice is one that uses some sort of standard mags.  I read somewhere that their is one that uses Thompson mags, but can't find any info on it at this time.  This will go on a pre-ban, so any 16" upper would be OK.

I am looking for a complete upper, or at least a place to buy all of the parts needed.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:42:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I would need a small hole upper.

The only manufacturer I found is Olympic, and they want $595 for the complete upper (from their web page).

The Thompson mag idea was posted on one of these forums but I can't remember which.  It had something to do with pistol style ARs.

My thought was to find the cheapest mags available and modify them.  I have a working machine shop, so I have the ability to make any custom parts needed.  I was just trying to get an idea of what others are doing.  Olympic wants $65 for each converted mag, which sems high to me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/20/2001 6:47:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I got one for sale cheaper then that one
Drop me a note
BJS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top