Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2005 6:36:45 PM EDT
Hunting with a Ruger 77/44 16" bbl carbine this year. Its the companion to my 44 mag 6" bbl Anaconda. I've had good luck with Winny bonded failsafes in 44 mag from the Anaconda's 6" bbl, however, some factory loads have slower burning powder that may give me better accuracy and velocity w/ the 16" bbl. Anyone know which "off the shelf" loads are loaded to take advantage of carbine length bbls?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if they're the 'best' for carbines, but I had good results with Remington's 275 gr CoreLokt JHP out of my Marlin 1894 .44 Mag on a Wisconsin Buck.

I think the hollowpoints were overkill though.  Blew a couple massive holes through the poor animal.  But, that was before I was into reloading...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top