Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2002 8:47:51 AM EDT
Had a question requarding a 3 round burst covversion. I remember a few years back these things were everywhere and marketed by a few different companies. Is it now illegal? Just currious. Just thought it would be a little more fun than bumpfire.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:03:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Watch our step folks.

Arock
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Any modification to a firearm that makes it fire more than one shot per pull of the trigger makes it a machinegun. As of 1986 no more civilian transferable machine guns could be made. The only way to legally get one of these pre-86 machine guns is to pay a $200 tax stamp to the govt. and go through some other paper work and background checks.

Arock dont assume everyone is a JBT trolling. Up until 2 years ago I had no idea about the legality of machineguns.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Before you go any farther here right2keep go to these sites and read up. It could keep you out of prison.

www.subguns.com/
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=6
www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?id=14
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:26:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Read and learn, r2k.

You've been done a huge favor by Arock and FNG.

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Arock dont assume everyone is a JBT trolling. Up until 2 years ago I had no idea about the legality of machineguns.

FNG...you have a thousand replies and you're a known, respected (well maybe) member.

r2k has 38.

Any newbie posting about potentially illegal activities is assumed to be a fed until I'm satisfied otherwise.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry guys didn't mean to throw up and kind of red flag. I've seen these things for sale with no disclaimers or warnings while browsing internet sites looking for stuff. I just know that there is a lot of accurate and very helpful information to be had here. All of my other questions and problems have been met with the upmost support and suggetions. Unfortunately I don't have a cushy fed job with a retirement paid by the hard working taxpayers of this great nation. I'm just the second most hated ok maybe 3rd most hated professional. Yes you got it......I'm a used car salesman. I'll be careful not to ask any possibly implicating questions from now on. I'm truely sorry.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#7]
r2k we just need to know you better.

Read the thread on Lightning Links to see how a topic is done right.

Arock
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks Arock. I read it and to be honest, it confused the hell out of me LOL. I'll just stay content with what I have for now. I assume the ads I saw, in countless magazines back in the Jr. High School library, for these must have been pre 86? I assume thats when the BSHTF with reguards to stricter laws and MG bans. Am I right in this assumption? Ya believe it or not we had gun magazines in the library and none of us went psycho and shot up the school. I'll bet ya there's no such publications to be found there now. Sad isn't it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#9]
if it makes you feel any better, in the military no one really uses 3rd burst or full auto (M4) anyway. its considered poor technique and a sign of a lazy rifleman. its only real uses are for breaking contact/ambushes and final defensive fire. its novelty quicky wears off.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 11:57:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Holy shit! 1,000 POSTS I didnt even notice! Maybe i should have used my 1k post for something other than busting a mods chops! LOL
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:07:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sorry guys didn't mean to throw up and kind of red flag. I've seen these things for sale with no disclaimers or warnings while browsing internet sites looking for stuff. I just know that there is a lot of accurate and very helpful information to be had here. All of my other questions and problems have been met with the upmost support and suggetions. Unfortunately I don't have a cushy fed job with a retirement paid by the hard working taxpayers of this great nation. I'm just the second most hated ok maybe 3rd most hated professional. Yes you got it......I'm a used car salesman. I'll be careful not to ask any possibly implicating questions from now on. I'm truely sorry.

Where the hell did you find internet sites offering these with no disclaimers or warnings???!!!...Oh, sorry, I forgot. Your a car salesman, they lie all the time.

No, not second or third, I'd say FIRST =)

Hey, I'm just breaking your balls =) Welcome aboard! (provided you're not a troll).
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Where the hell did you find internet sites offering these with no disclaimers or warnings???!!!...Oh, sorry, I forgot. Your a car salesman, they lie all the time.

Hey, I'm just breaking your balls =) Welcome aboard! (provided you're not a troll).
AHHHHHH!!!!!! D.A. not too much left of my balls to be breakn!! Besides the ole' lady thinks she's carring them in her purse.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm sure right2keep is used to bad vibes. Know how I know-I'm a dentist(Nothing PERSONAL but I can't stand dentists!). If he had asked about some sort of military hardware manual like that dipwad patrick_wx he would be suspect.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 1:04:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Dont waste your money on the "Trigger Activators" IE "Hellfire" "Hellstorm2000" "GAT" and a million other names. Theyre junk at best. 34.95 will buy you a hell of alot of .22 ammo, so waste your money on ammo and become more profecient with your weapon.
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#16]
he's talking about the external addons...not internal conversions...dont you guys read gun mags

hellfire
tri-burst

and the other mentioned in the post before..

anyways they suck dont bother

bumpfire instead :D
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 3:05:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry,

I have succesfully repressed all notions of ever being interested in one of those exterior devices, so I wasn't even thinking along those lines.

I thought you were talking about innards ...LOL
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Heck, if ya really gotta rock&roll, buy a LEGAL registered M16.  Assuming you live in a Class III friendly state, you still can own full auto weapons.

Oh, it ain't cheap and it ain't quick.  I bought my first one on Sept 7, 2001 (I know - lousy timing).

It transfered to my instate dealer in May.  I returned to the country in July and applied for my local LEO signature.  I expect it in another week or two.  Then back to the ATF for another 3-4 months.  Then it will be mine.

A pain in the rear end.  But, it can be  done.  And my experience is one of the longer  tranfers.  Find one at a  dealer in your state and it should take less than 5 months total.

James
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Who would want a three round burst option, anyway? Is an expedient to replace trigger control training. Gives you THREE different trigger pulls in semi-auto. Plus, you can be trained to shoot short bursts. You can't be trained to make a trio-burst gun dump a mag in a mad minute situation with one trigger pull....

Scott

Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Why don't you check your BATF manual back at the office, you POS!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Alot of times they just say "all nfa/atf rules apply"

So if you didnt know, then you wouldnt know,

get it?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

are you talkin 2 me?
Link Posted: 8/1/2002 10:34:03 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

are you talkin 2 me?

That was totally directed to me.  That hurts man, that really hurts.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top