Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/12/2003 10:21:11 AM EDT

I'm about to build my Remington 870 into something a little more tactical so that I can shoot 3-gun matches.

Currently I've got a 20" rem choke barrel, and standard stocks. I'm planning on adding a speedfeed (solid) stock w/pistol grip, a sidesaddle, and a magazine extension.

Any other tips from you guys who have built up a 3-gun shotgun? Can I use the 3 round extention with a 20" barrel, or is that too long? Do you guys like putting the sidesaddle on the left side of the shotgun for a rollover reload, or on the right so you can reload as you go?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:47:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:25:14 AM EDT
USPSA rules for Limited Class allow a total of 9 rounds in the gun, 1 in the chamber and 8 in the tube. This will equate to about a 22" barrel. No ports, optics, muzzle brakes allowed. I've never seen a side saddle on the right side. You might check out 3-Gun Gear more side saddle and other ammo carrying options. I've found an oversized safety button useful as most starts are high ready safety on.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:34:01 AM EDT
If you go with the Remington 21" Turkey barrel and add an extended choke tube, it somes out right at 22" and will fit flush with a +4 magazine extension.
Top Top